PDA

View Full Version : Son of Tenn. Democrat indicted in Palin hacking

FUS1ON
10-09-2008, 06:37 AM
He was smart enough to hack her acct, but still dumb enough to post pictures.

The son of a Democratic Tennessee state lawmaker pleaded not guilty Wednesday to hacking the e-mail account of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

David Kernell, 20, of Knoxville, Tenn. entered the plea in federal court in Knoxville, the same day prosecutors unsealed an indictment charging him with intentionally accessing Palin's e-mail account without authorization.

Kernell, an economics student at the University of Tennessee, was brought into court wearing handcuffs and shackles on his ankles.

He was released without posting bond, but the court limited his computer use to checking his own e-mail and doing class work.

Kernell's father is longtime state Rep. Mike Kernell of Memphis, chairman of Tennessee's House Government Operations Committee. The lawmaker has said he had nothing to do with the hacking incident.

David Kernell was indicted Tuesday by a federal grand jury in Knoxville and faces a maximum of five years in prison, a $250,000 fine and three years of supervised release. Trial is set for Dec. 16.

The investigation is continuing. The indictment said at least one other person successfully reset Palin's e-mail password and accessed her e-mail account after the hacker named "rubico," whom the government contends is Kernell, posted his exploits on the Web.

"I wouldn't say specifically whether that other individual may be charged or not," Justice Department spokeswoman Laura Sweeney said from Washington.

U.S. Magistrate Judge C. Clifford Shirley restricted Kernell from discussing the case with any potential witnesses, which include his roommates.

Kernell was also restricted from having any contact directly or indirectly with the Alaska governor or her family.

Shirley warned that if Kernell violated any part of his release conditions, he would be held until the trial.

Kernell's attorney, Wade Davies, accompanied his client in court.

"As soon as we found out about the charges this morning, David voluntarily turned himself in," said Davies, who refused to answer any other questions.

The indictment alleges that on Sept. 16 Kernell reset the password to Palin's personal e-mail account to gain access to it. Authorities say Kernell then read the contents of the account and made screenshots of the e-mail directory, e-mail content and other personal information, later posting some of the information to a public Web site.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081009/ap_on_el_pr/palin_hacked;_ylt=Aq2BlWmi21Zu3d2AdabCRLNI2ocA

SASQUATCH
10-09-2008, 03:01 PM
He will be perfect in the future as a politician, another future corrupt representative in the makings. LOL

Nitro
10-10-2008, 02:40 AM
pictures and emails are up on Wikileaks so check it out

ME BIGGD01
10-10-2008, 08:40 PM
HE should do the full term in prison but doubt he will. Also the owenrs of the website should be held accountable and charged the same. This way those punks get ass raped over and over.

Nitro
10-10-2008, 10:43 PM
forgot the link

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin_Yahoo_inbox_2008

ME BIGGD01
10-10-2008, 11:50 PM
It's amazing that it's still available on the web. Nitro you are no better than the assholes on that site that are posting someones personal data.

With that I say to you

You are a dick!!!!

Pure_Evil
10-11-2008, 02:02 AM
forgot the link

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin_Yahoo_inbox_2008

link's bad :down:

Nitro
10-11-2008, 03:28 AM
It's amazing that it's still available on the web. Nitro you are no better than the assholes on that site that are posting someones personal data.

With that I say to you

You are a dick!!!!

I love you too buddy <3

He Is Legend
10-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Awesome link Nitro

EXEcution
10-12-2008, 03:43 AM
Palin getting boo'ed at Philadelphia Flyer's home opener.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TgDanmWkg

I was at this game just a few hours ago and was surprised that more people weren't booing. :P