PDA

View Full Version : TF2 News thread

Wiper
12-14-2008, 04:53 PM
New client features

Added Viewmodel FOV slider to advanced multiplayer options

Added a hide viewmodel option to advanced multiplayer options

Added custom crosshair support

Added crosshair image, scale, and color settings to the Options->Multiplayer settings tab

Moved HUD minimal mode & Disable Spray options into the Advanced Multiplayer settings

Added "open_charinfo_direct" command that opens the loadout directly to the class you're currently playing

Replaced the "Open Loadout" entry in the options->keys dialog with this new command. Rebind / reset your config to defaults to use it

New server features

Added "tf_damage_disablespread" convar to disable the 25% damage spread on all damage

Added class limit support to tournament mode

Set the "tf_tournament_classlimit_X" convars to the max number of class X allowed

Added "tf_tournament_hide_domination_icons" convar, that allows a tournament mode server to force clients not to display domination icons over their nemeses

Gameplay changes

Modified critical hit calculation. Overall, critical hit chance is now much more recent-performance based:

Base chance is now 2% (was 5%).

Bonus range based on damage done changed from 0%-15% to 0%-10

Damage range required for bonus changed from 0-1600 to 0-800

Reduced random damage spread applied to all player damage from +-25% to +-10%

Slight reduction (improvement) of the minigun's spread

Increased flare direct hit damage from 20 to 30

Rewrote Natascha's slowdown code to be more consistent

Sniper rifle now supports Crit Boost state like all other weapons (i.e. Kritzkrieg makes all shots critical hits)

Stealthed spies are no longer able to pickup the intelligence. They must uncloak first

Increased soldier primary ammo count from 16 to 20

Bugfixes

Fixed crash when running in tools mode

Added UTIL_IsCommandIssuedByServerAdmin() checks to several "physics_" CON_COMMAND scripts to prevent clients issuing the commands

Fixed bug in teleporter logic that allowed engineers to build teleporters with HUGE health values

Fixed matching teleporter not getting a health buff when the pair is upgraded (only the tele you were hitting got the health buff)

Fixed Medic UberCharge percentage in minimal-HUD mode

Most important change is I think the Critz-system update. Since a lot of players don't like the "random" critz they tuned it down to a max chance of 10% (1 out of 10 shots is a critical one if you did at least 800 damage).

Also a notification to the nice add of the sniper rifle which can be critzed by a medic also now. I say lets give it a try on sentries :D

Wiper
02-07-2009, 03:27 AM
Update and deleted old update-posts :)

Suicidal
02-07-2009, 08:16 AM
News: a crapload of people who play TF2 are idiots and act like retards whom I presume don't know what the acronym FPS stands for.

Oh yeah, that's old news

Oh yeah, and now the soldier has more ammo! yey :)

MORGANA
02-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks for Info Wipy!