PDA

View Full Version : Steam

Slay
01-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Hi all :wave: I am starting to regret buying any games from steam, I have Satelite internet and if there is a cloud in the sky, my connection get's slower and slower. It has taken one full week to download Bioshock, I still have team fortress2 to download :( You don't ever get the actual software for the game, you just download through steam to play it. I think If you buy a game they should send you a copy of the game. My fault though, I should have read the agreement better before buying. I'm waiting on RAM and OS in the mail and I get to download them again on my new computer. Yay for me huh ? :confused:

Caged Anger
01-10-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm sorry to hear the trouble you're having but I am an avid fan of steam.
By not having to worry about keeping disks/codes I can have my games anywhere, whenever I want. You may want to redirect your dissatisfaction towards your internet provider that seems less than stellar....(pun intended :D)

Suicidal
01-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Seems like you just got the short end of the stick with your ISP...

My only problem was bioshock, but thats not steam related.

Slay
01-11-2009, 01:27 AM
lol, I know my ISP sucks, just venting ;)

Slay
01-15-2009, 11:25 PM
I just heard some good news, :D Comcast is supposed to be here in the middle of next month :wootrock: I have a two year contract with my satelite provider, but I will pay them what ever they say I owe and drop them like a hot potato :D I'm so sick of the slowness, even my home page loads slow :down: .

Slay
03-14-2009, 05:38 PM
I just heard some good news, :D Comcast is supposed to be here in the middle of next month :wootrock: I have a two year contract with my satelite provider, but I will pay them what ever they say I owe and drop them like a hot potato :D I'm so sick of the slowness, even my home page loads slow :down: .
Not getting Comcast, my brother was the one who said it was comming but obviously who'm ever he talked to didn't know what the heck he was talking about. I understand some people that have the good connections may like Steam but for me and the many out there it is just a program running in the background slowing things up. I can't even play single person games on steam if my connection is crappy ( normally is). I bought the game through Steam and I think there should be an option for getting the game sent on CD/DVD for just such people. But It could be worse, I could have payed full price for the games. :rolleyes:

Zed
03-17-2009, 02:37 AM
Comcast is awful. I have it now that I moved to NJ, can't you get optimum?

Slay
03-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Comcast is awful. I have it now that I moved to NJ, can't you get optimum?
:eek: compared to Hughesnet Satelite it's the BOMB :eek: