PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Fans '09 - Yahoo Fantasy League

FUS1ON
01-15-2009, 01:37 AM
OK race fans, Daytona and the '09 season is just around the corner so it's that time again!

We had one of the biggest "private" leagues on Yahoo last season with 48 teams and in 5 years that was our largest league ever and I hope to have the maximum this year which is 50 teams so sign up early to reserve your spot in this year's field.

I won the title in '08 and have kept the trophy shined up. Will it be you that takes it home in '09? :D

To sign up:
1) Go here http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto
2) Create your team
3) Click the "Join a Group" link, then the "Join a Private Group" link
4) Fill in the blanks with the info below
Group ID#: 2563
Group Password: cuetheduck

I was surprised to see the drivers list lineup ... Stewart, Hamlin in the B list this year, there are 20 drivers in the B list and a ton in the C so it's better than in '08 where the B list was pretty short or at least it seemed short or slim pickings. The new interface on the driver selection screen has a real time percentage to show each drivers picked percentage for that week to help make your picks.

How to play:
It is simple to do and only takes a few minutes each week, here is what is involved each week:
Yahoo breaks the drivers into A, B & C classes. The Top 10 drivers in A, the next 20 drivers in B and the rest in C.

Before qualifying you pick 2 A list drivers, 4 B list drivers and 2 C list drivers and that is your "Team" for that week. After qualifying and before the start of the race you have to narrow it down to 1 A list driver, 2 B list drivers and 1 C list driver and that is your "Starters" for that week.

The top 4 positions in qualifying are awarded points with 10 for 1st, 5 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd & 1 for 4th. You get bonus points if any of your drivers leads a lap and if they lead the most laps.

You can only start a driver 9 times in one season. To start a driver means he is one of your final 4 drivers.

Dan2
01-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Gasngo is on the starting grid, ready to rock n roll.
I like the fancy new GUI.
How is Joey Logano on the b-list?? He would've been a perfect c.

FUS1ON
01-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Yep I agree, "Sliced Bread" didn't do squat with his opportunities running with the big boys. I think he found out it's a whole different ballgame when you are in equal equipment.

I send the info to your Dad, I have two addys for him so I CC'd to both.

FUS1ON
02-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks to everyone that signed up, our league is at the maximum of 50 teams!

Today is THE DAY so go get your picks in. This race is a little different so they are allowing you to pick drivers up until 1:35pm EST today.

Dan2
02-15-2009, 06:33 PM
You can actually change your picks up until 3:35 pm EST today. btw

Why can't they just race at 1:00 like the old days? What is the fascination with finishing in the dark?? There is bad weather heading towards Daytona Beach right now, so this late start should be rain filled.GRRR:mad: /rant off