PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't help but laugh...

Caged Anger
02-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Was reading this article on CNN concerning the new stimulus package and found it amusing:

"To get the three Republican votes in the Senate needed to end debate and pass the bill Tuesday, Democrats had to make significant concessions.

The Senate version stripped $20 billion for school repairs from the House bill and added $70 billion more in tax relief. There were more revisions when House and Senate conferees met on Tuesday and Wednesday to draw up a final version.

"There isn't a Republican here who doesn't think that we ought to produce some stimulus bill, but it's about getting it right," says House GOP Whip Eric Cantor of Virginia."

Yes its media phrasing at its best, but I laugh at the thought of school repairs being considered an improper use of the funds.
(Remembers fondly the flat-roofed, leaky as sin New England high school)

Cast your votes guys, the new stimulus a good thing?

*seriously guys comon, quit with the grammer lesson. 2 options, one is yes, the other is no, get over it

Pure_Evil
02-12-2009, 03:44 PM
where's the no it isn't option?

and no, that's not necessarily my vote, it's just missing, IMO

Nitro
02-12-2009, 06:25 PM
You forgot the No option.

anyways, the word 'stimulus' and 'package' must have been put together by some horny neo-con

ME BIGGD01
02-14-2009, 10:29 AM
I am not going to debate this but make a few points which I wonder if anyone cares. Nancy P and crew blasted bush with his stimulas packagae that they claimed was too low (600.00) where as this stimulas package gives you 13 dollars a week. One of her comments was what are we going to do with this buy earings blah blah blah. While people will still try to blame the republicans for this mess which is untrue considering the demo owned seats, no one is actually looking at this plan being approved and I doubt many even understand it. This is what has happened to this country where the avg person is unaware of what really is being pushed and forced on the taxpayers along with the destruction of our nation. I want to know if anyone knows what in this bill is the answer to our problem and how so? It's all a scam and the chance of many of you losing your job will grow. This recession/depression is and was caused by the greed and corruption of the corporations and our very own USA Governement. If I am wrong please tell me so.

I am sorry but at this time we dont need a stimulas package anymore. We Americans need to tighten our belts. The only stimulas package I wanna see is the American people getting bailed out not some corporation. This is against our constitution and we are all getting robbed along with our childrens children. I can not understand how we are allowing this mess to continue. I am sorry but so far Obama has failed and has gone against everything that he said he would not do. I mean look at how many people he had or has in his cabinet that didnt even pay their taxes. I mean WTF is going on? How can we expect these criminals to run this country if they can't even pay their own taxes?

I want a Government for the people by the people. I am sick of the corruption where as the middle class will become poor and our savings, 401k gets robbed and the corporations can charge you any interest rate they want. Why any bank or any company gets bailed out while CEO's are getting bonuses etc it proof we Americans are just too dumb and it's scary.

I am not sure about any of you but I lost over 30,000 this year in my 401k. Wheres the F'ing money? It's all a scam and the greedy are just that. They are causing all these problems and I have already taken everything out and looking to secure my finaces while this country gets wasted. This is really scary and the corruption is so far gone I fear it's too late. I think the change people were expecting with Obama is not going to be positive. This is a mess and the excuse that this is going to take time is lame and allows anything to happen. By that time people will be devestated. Do not accept this people. Our Government has failed us already and it will continue to do so. We need to rebuild our nations government and will maybe need another country to help us. I suggest everyone really pay attention to what is going on because no matter who you are, we are going to feel it.

Nitro
02-14-2009, 08:09 PM
I say it's about time to throw democracy out and reinstate our constitutional republic

http://www.wimp.com/thegovernment/