PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Still Actually Play?

EXEcution
07-31-2009, 07:11 PM
Ok so I've been regularly checking the LE server and it seems no one EVER plays. It's been about 2 months since I last played a game of ssam, which doesn't count me idling in the server until someone joins.

It's never been this dead. Or are people just not playing on our server which IMO is the best one for US players. Seems like ssam has really taken a dive and what I thought would never happen...did. Serious Sam is no more!

...So what else are people playing?

I recently got Killing Floor on Steam, which is similar to L4D. It's fun and cooperative.

JIMINATOR
07-31-2009, 08:23 PM
Do you have L4D? I tried killing floor but did not really like it. I suppose I might if I spent more time developing a class. Just seems a little pointless, ie: go somewhere and survive as long as possible. L4D has more clearly defined goals, also playing VS is a blast. Or at least it was, I stopped playing when the annoyance factor became > than the fun factor, but finding a good group to play with would probably solve that.

MORGANA
07-31-2009, 09:12 PM
a lot of new coop, versus and survival maps are aviable for download on www.l4dmaps.com, did u tried some?

Wiper
07-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Killing floor...deleted it after 1 hour. I rarely put hands on boring games like that and I'm glad about that :D (nothing like L4D btw)

Awesomeness about L4D is that you really need the other players to survive and ur forced to work together or die alone. If you take an objective look at it you realise they didn't re-invent the wheel though what they did to is make the best wheel for that ground (AI director is the most supporting in it).

Like Jim said the Versus is fun though ragequiting by the losing team often finishes the game before it started so not really a competatively driven game.

Back to topic: Indeed find a new game or hope SShd will be better than SS2 :P

JIMINATOR
07-31-2009, 09:47 PM
I think those will be fun SP games, or maybe coop, but I would not expect anything more. good MP is hard to do, in L4D it is easy, player gets the benefit of the doubt vs the zombies, for MP that doesn't work so well. lag compensation = low ping penalty. L4D = great game with good people. My last try was last week, finished a round as survivors, then as SI the opposing team split up and died in the bottom of NM4. Waste of time there....

EXEcution
07-31-2009, 09:59 PM
You just have to be patient and spend time with Killing Floor. I was considering getting L4D, I have it for 360 and it's a bit too repetitive and gets boring. Killing Floor has arena-style gameplay where it's more chaotic and random.

What I REALLY want is a competitive game like Serious Sam fragmatch with a decent community and where I don't have to spend a ridiculous amount of time playing just to become a decent player.

Phantomic
07-31-2009, 10:04 PM
now I'm still playing sometimes but like most other players mostly play noobzland and gamezone only core cuz LE server gives me pretty bad ping and bad connection

He Is Legend
08-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Killing floor...deleted it after 1 hour. I rarely put hands on boring games like that and I'm glad about that :D

How is killing floor boring? explain

and also, L4D is fun, but is way too repetative..same shit over and over and over, Killing Floor actually has a point to the game. level up your perks and be useful to your team, and with 6 Perks and LOADS of custom maps that allow you to still level up. where can you go wrong with killing floor?

Wiper you need to spend more time on this game and develop a better opinion, cause yours is terrible /:

Asian Invasian
08-01-2009, 05:04 AM
Ok so I've been regularly checking the LE server and it seems no one EVER plays. It's been about 2 months since I last played a game of ssam, which doesn't count me idling in the server until someone joins.

It's never been this dead. Or are people just not playing on our server which IMO is the best one for US players. Seems like ssam has really taken a dive and what I thought would never happen...did. Serious Sam is no more!

...So what else are people playing?

I recently got Killing Floor on Steam, which is similar to L4D. It's fun and cooperative.
Gears of war 2
UFC undisputed
Halo 3

to name a few... all xbox live.

Perfect aim
08-01-2009, 06:58 AM
yo asian you got cod4 for live?

add me:

unclearblackout

and btw yes i still play sam a lot :P

:cool:

Phantom_
08-01-2009, 11:36 AM
i didnt have much time in the last weeks but now im starting to play sam again. had some fun games with phantomic the other day :)

Wiper
08-01-2009, 04:50 PM
How is killing floor boring? explain

and also, L4D is fun, but is way too repetative..same shit over and over and over, Killing Floor actually has a point to the game. level up your perks and be useful to your team, and with 6 Perks and LOADS of custom maps that allow you to still level up. where can you go wrong with killing floor?

Wiper you need to spend more time on this game and develop a better opinion, cause yours is terrible /:

I'm terribly sorry, I mixed this game with zombie panic :o Me soo stupid, I hope I can live with the shame :(

MORGANA
08-01-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm terribly sorry, I mixed this game with zombie panic :o Me soo stupid, I hope I can live with the shame :(

Shame on you gay ass lame kid!:wub: :D :P

Wiper
08-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Shame on you gay ass lame kid!:wub: :D :P

Damn...if even clan-members saying it I really screwed up. Can't show my face anywhere anymore :(

Ow and TF2 is still a great game

Edit:

emtpy ur pm box Morgy :P

Prosciutto
08-01-2009, 06:36 PM
I am waiting for Serious Sam HD

Zed
08-01-2009, 07:37 PM
I am waiting for Serious Sam HD

more info please.

QuietStorm
08-01-2009, 10:27 PM
more info please.

:confused: take a look at the serious sam section here;)

Nitro
08-02-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm completely addicted to LOTRO

Gun Element
08-02-2009, 05:59 PM
I've been busy, but the real problem is the lack of interest to play games. Never in my life have I not wanted to play video games this much. I lose interest so fast! I want to be outside, do something else and so forth.

It's a problem, I think I'm gonna go and see a doctor.

btw, Killing Floor did sound like fun when I first heard about it, I might have to try it out!

btw part 2, does anyone play Marvel Vs. Capcom 2? Since it came out for the 360 and PS3, it finally has an online mode! Would be pretty sweet if someone wanted to play me :D

Prosciutto
08-02-2009, 09:48 PM
I'm completely addicted to LOTRO

Which level r u?

I only play MMOs right now, since my iNet gets worse everyday :down:
So I am stuck at WoW and sometimes play FlyFF :thumbs:

Siron Ex
08-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Combat Arms :3
Too bad there's two version (EU and American) so even if anyone of you played we wouldn't meet.

Nitro
08-03-2009, 04:00 AM
Which level r u?

I only play MMOs right now, since my iNet gets worse everyday :down:
So I am stuck at WoW and sometimes play FlyFF :thumbs:

lvl 30 Elf, Minstrel class

From what people tell me in-game, LOTRO is better than WoW and the community is much nicer. Not to mention it doesn't look as cartoony as WoW.

Prosciutto
08-03-2009, 07:48 AM

From what people tell me in-game, LOTRO is better than WoW and the community is much nicer. Not to mention it doesn't look as cartoony as WoW.

I could give it a chance if there are private servers :P

Also, strenght of WoW is in the quest system, you DON'T HAVE TO GRIND ONCE to get past lvl 1 - 80! What about LOTRO?

Suicidal
08-03-2009, 09:28 PM
From what people tell me in-game, LOTRO is better than WoW and the community is much nicer.

I couldn't think of an opinion more biased...

Nitro
08-04-2009, 03:13 AM
I couldn't think of an opinion more biased...

Well take this opinion as a fact then, because since I started playing LOTRO, not once did I ever see anything trashtalk or get trashtalked.

Prosciutto, what's grind mean?

Asian Invasian
08-04-2009, 05:54 AM

I want to slap you paul.

Prosciutto
08-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Well take this opinion as a fact then, because since I started playing LOTRO, not once did I ever see anything trashtalk or get trashtalked.

Prosciutto, what's grind mean?

Means fighting vs MOBs to lvlup :thumbs:

X Fighter
08-04-2009, 03:32 PM
heh i played wow, too. lvl 80 warlock. but it had to spend too much time with it so i stopped it. and often people didn't like my warlock because i won every duel:P.

Nitro
08-04-2009, 05:53 PM
I want to slap you paul.

I know, I know :(

Just give me a working version of Sam this year and I will stop this MMO silliness!

DAN_I_AM
08-07-2009, 07:24 PM
I still play...always have, probably because I need a life lol, not really, I do a lot of other stuff too. But what I have seen after a sharp decline in Sam, there has been more activity lately, but on servers outside the US, so usually if I want to play, I get slammed and it is no fun when the only map people are interested in is red station and the only weapon they can use is a sniper. With Sam HD coming out, there will probably be something of a resurgence.

Nick
08-10-2009, 06:57 PM
stopped all games since nearly a year...completly lost interest....

Suicidal
08-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Stopped all games? ILLOGICAL!!

Nick
08-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Stopped all games? ILLOGICAL!!

your right...I played Blackjack ;)

Suicidal
08-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Phew. You had me going there for a second.

Nitro
08-11-2009, 10:33 PM
stopped all games since nearly a year...completly lost interest....

I had a dry spell in games like that for a little over a year....until LOTRO was forced upon me by a friend. Now I'm back in the gaming scene full force.

Asian Invasian
08-11-2009, 10:36 PM
considering i just played and saw like 6-7 different LE members in an hour... I would say yea... people still play.

Phantom_
08-11-2009, 10:50 PM
yea that was lots of fun, great games :thumbs:

sam isnt completely dead yet , some are still playing :P

EXEcution
08-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Had I not happened to check my Xfire I would not have been playing with you guys. We need a better system.

Asian Invasian
08-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Had I not happened to check my Xfire I would not have been playing with you guys. We need a better system.
My windows messenger always auto signs me in, phantom just happened to message me. so when im on my computer you can message me. do you have my email still?

Perfect aim
08-12-2009, 08:40 PM
damn it i wanted to play toooo but i think i was at work :mad:...
next time :cool:

EXEcution
08-12-2009, 09:06 PM
My windows messenger always auto signs me in, phantom just happened to message me. so when im on my computer you can message me. do you have my email still?

Yea I just never use messenger. :D Ok I'll sign in from now on.

Suicidal
08-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Hey! I see you on! I'll say Hi.

X Fighter
08-27-2009, 02:03 PM
sure, I play much on Noobzland

QuietStorm
08-27-2009, 04:19 PM
I play too, even if nobody cares:P

Get your asses back!:P

missmurder
08-28-2009, 01:32 AM
no, come to my server.
MissMurder.
i have it up all the time.
NOOBzland sucks!

EXEcution
08-28-2009, 01:46 AM
no, come to my server.
MissMurder.
i have it up all the time.
NOOBzland sucks!

I'll come to your server if you have it up more often.

missmurder
08-28-2009, 04:13 AM
yeah.
i would run a dedicate but my computer is too unreliable.
and there are always runtime errors and my game crashes.
hm...
i was playing the other night with alot of people and it crashed after like an hour and a half at least and it just ****in freaked out.
LOL!

Thunder
08-28-2009, 11:07 AM
NOOBzland sucks!

cause you are US, so ping sucks for you ;)

missmurder
08-29-2009, 05:29 AM
your mom!
lololol jkjkjkjkjk.
yeah. how do i fix ping problems..
liike computers for dummies.
lol

Suicidal
08-29-2009, 06:28 AM
buy a new one