PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Professional

OUTLAWS Tip
08-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Here is a link to get Win 7 Pro for free. You have to click on the link to the offer page. I think that takes you to the Atlanta offer page. Change the Atlanta part of the web address to the city closest to you mentioned on the offer page. I changed it to Philadelphia and it worked for me.

I am a IT tech for Tipper's Cards. :D

You have to attend the conference but at the end you get a free copy of Win7 Pro.

Got an email reply in about five minutes which I must print and take to the conference. Make sure you use your real name and email. You must show Photo ID and the email to get in.

http://www.buxr.com/deal/free-windows-7-for-attending-microsoft-presentation-for-it-pros-from-microsoft_30695/type/freebie

:thumbs: :thumbs:

OUTLAWS Tip
09-28-2009, 10:40 PM
I attended the conference today. I was there a little over three hours and it was interesting but mostly about deploying Win 7 over a network and using their server software. A funny thing happened when the speaker tried to check on a wireless connection. The first one that popped up on the big screen in front of everyone was: F--- Microsoft. That got the crowd roaring and even the speaker got a laugh out of it.

They gave us lunch and a T shirt. Upon leaving I was expecting Windows 7 Pro edition. I was planning on picking up some ram and putting it on this computer which I built in 2001. I ran the checker and all I would need is to bump up my ram to at least a gig. (I only have 768 megs on it)

They ended up giving us Windows 7 Ultimate edition with both the 32bit and 64 bit software. Not sure which I'll end up installing, but will wait till I can afford to build a new pc to install it. Oct 22 I can pick up Win7 Pro I preordered for $90 and pick up some ram to install it on this pc.

I love free stuff!
:D

JIMINATOR
09-29-2009, 12:50 AM
so.... what form is the software in? cd+key, key + download site, or to be sent in future email?

OUTLAWS Tip
09-29-2009, 02:52 AM
You get a dvd with the key. The lady handing the software out told someone it had 32bit and 64bit versions on it. I opened it up and it only says 32bit on the dvd. I don't have a dvd player in this computer so I haven't been able to check if it has both versions or not.

Nitro
09-29-2009, 02:53 AM
I'm assuming that, like every single Windows version before it, there will be so many bugs you'll need to hire an exterminator. I'm perfectly content with Vista.