PDA

View Full Version : Will NBC be surprised?

FUS1ON
09-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Will NBC be surprised?

Here's your chance to let the media know where the people stand on our
faith in God, as a nation..

NBC is presently taking a poll to see if Americans want the words "In
God We Trust" to be removed from the American currency.

Please send this to every Christian and others you know so they can vote on this
important subject.

Please do it right away, before NBC takes this off their web page. Poll
is still open so you can vote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/

Sirc
09-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Will NBC be surprised?

Here's your chance to let the media know where the people stand on our
faith in God, as a nation..

NBC is presently taking a poll to see if Americans want the words "In
God We Trust" to be removed from the American currency.

Please send this to every Christian and others you know so they can vote on this
important subject.

Please do it right away, before NBC takes this off their web page. Poll
is still open so you can vote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/

Why is this so important?

PJ'l_Master
09-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Why is this so important?

doesnt seem at all important to me, people are entitled to think what they think.

OUTLAWS Tip
09-04-2009, 02:28 AM
As of now 89% of the people who voted thought it was important.
:P

EXEcution
09-04-2009, 02:32 AM
The God referenced on our currency is not a Christian God, it is merely the idea of God. Remember US is NOT a Christian nation.

JIMINATOR
09-04-2009, 02:48 AM
christians would disagree with you.
and besides, most people do not believe/worship in god as much as they do in money,
may come as a shock if chinese stop buying our dollars, which will make their value plummet.

Nitro
09-04-2009, 04:07 AM
As of now 89% of the people who voted thought it was important.
:P

It may have a *little* something to do with this statement in Sho's post:

"Please send this to every Christian and others you know so they can vote on this important subject."

Silly goose :P

PJ'l_Master
09-04-2009, 09:32 AM
christians would disagree with you.
and besides, most people do not believe/worship in god as much as they do in money,
may come as a shock if chinese stop buying our dollars, which will make their value plummet.

christians can disagree all they like, doesnt mean they're right. :P

im really not a big fan of religion anymore myself, thats not to say i dont believe in god, but people use it to justify whatever they get in their twisted heads it seems like.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What god desires is here *points to head*" - Kingdom of Heaven

FUS1ON
09-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Hmmm just as I expected, I knew how this would go over here, but I also had seen the poll results and know that beyond these doors that the non-believers here are the minority. ;)

JIMINATOR
09-04-2009, 11:44 PM
you mean the minority of people that voted in the poll. a popularity poll is really meaningless and only indicates the intensity with which any particular group promotes it.

Mad Fox
09-05-2009, 02:53 AM
The Jesus I know, would be more concerned with how the money is used. Not if his name was on it.

PJ'l_Master
09-05-2009, 04:37 AM
Hmmm just as I expected, I knew how this would go over here, but I also had seen the poll results and know that beyond these doors that the non-believers here are the minority. ;)

im not at all a NON-believer, i just laugh at the people who are religious zealots (not implying you are SHO) trying to push their beliefs on others

Nitro
09-05-2009, 05:27 AM
im not at all a NON-believer, i just laugh at the people who are religious zealots (not implying you are SHO) trying to push their beliefs on others

What about zealots outside of religion?

Sauron
09-05-2009, 12:50 PM
This quote from a T-shirt fits quite well here i think.

"I have nothing against God - Just his fanclubs are really annoying."

(roughly translated from the original)

And no offense to anyone.

Sirc
09-05-2009, 06:47 PM

So are you making a list of the "non-believers"? :wave:

No one has answered my question. Why is it important that religious slogans be printed on US currency? The Federal Reserve is not a religious institution. Nor is the government. What is the logic behind printing "In God We Trust" on money?

Oops, I said the "L" word. :rolleyes:

JIMINATOR
09-05-2009, 08:35 PM
they could as well print "in government we are f*cked"

Nitro
09-06-2009, 05:30 AM
So are you making a list of the "non-believers"? :wave:

No one has answered my question. Why is it important that religious slogans be printed on US currency? The Federal Reserve is not a religious institution. Nor is the government. What is the logic behind printing "In God We Trust" on money?

Oops, I said the "L" word. :rolleyes:

Like most things in gov't slapped with the g word, that phrase is relatively new, just like the god mention in the flag salute (does anyone even do that salute anymore? lol). in any case, progress is inevitable and there will always be those nostalgic about the "good old days" that never were. I don't see that as a problem, as long as they don't keep society from transforming into the post-materialist, trans-humanist, and abundance-based society that it is slowing progressing towards. I'll be first in line to usher in the ultra progressive post-human society. Problem is, there are almost no people able to be futurists to look at where humanity, as a race with a sentient consciousness, is heading...towards an extropic odyssey.

FUS1ON
09-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Should the motto "In God We Trust" be removed from U.S. currency? * 16479930 responses
Yes. It's a violation of the principle of separation of church and state.
11%
No. The motto has historical and patriotic significance and does nothing to establish a state religion.
89%

You better get busy converting, you have a long road ahead of you.

Sirc
09-06-2009, 05:42 PM
No. The motto has historical and patriotic significance

Well, you'd clearly be a bad American if you voted "Yes". No bias in the poll at all. :rolleyes:

JIMINATOR
09-06-2009, 06:55 PM
note also that the motto is "in god we trust".
There is no mention of jesus there. god is compatible with most religions, and for many people it does not represent a "higher person" but an indefinable something somewhere else. that, or the universe may be totally random, the world suffering from a survivorship bias, where "because we exist" it is "proof that something created us"

Sirc
09-06-2009, 07:31 PM
note also that the motto is "in god we trust".
There is no mention of jesus there. god is compatible with most religions, and for many people it does not represent a "higher person" but an indefinable something somewhere else. that, or the universe may be totally random, the world suffering from a survivorship bias, where "because we exist" it is "proof that something created us"

I'm not entirely sure what your point was there.

I'd like to see that same poll where the choices were simply "Yes, No, No Opinion". Without the added commentary tacked on to the choices.

PJ'l_Master
09-06-2009, 10:16 PM
What about zealots outside of religion?

they're bat-s crazy too :P but they dont do it in the name of god to make it seem extra insane :P

SASQUATCH
09-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Shogun was just posting what he believes in, which I respect very much and for those people who believe in an entity of great power. It was a simple post that Shogun posted to make it simple and to all who feel it is important to vote. I see nothing wrong with it at all and most importantly to make a subject out of it knowing how when it comes to religion debates.

To have a discussion without prejudice between; for example: Science vs Religion can be difficult for most people but not impossible as long as we all understand and respect each other when getting into a debate or discussion. Now at Gamemecca this I find very difficult to have here without having someone say offensive words or disrespecting others. I think it’s best to leave it alone and you can decide if you like to vote or not, if not, don’t post, leave it for those who are interested in voting, is how I see this thread in my opinion of course.

Sirc
09-09-2009, 12:35 AM
Shogun was just posting what he believes in, which I respect very much and for those people who believe in an entity of great power. It was a simple post that Shogun posted to make it simple and to all who feel it is important to vote. I see nothing wrong with it at all and most importantly to make a subject out of it knowing how when it comes to religion debates.

To have a discussion without prejudice between; for example: Science vs Religion can be difficult for most people but not impossible as long as we all understand and respect each other when getting into a debate or discussion. Now at Gamemecca this I find very difficult to have here without having someone say offensive words or disrespecting others. I think it’s best to leave it alone and you can decide if you like to vote or not, if not, don’t post, leave it for those who are interested in voting, is how I see this thread in my opinion of course.

Hiya Sas! It's been a while. Nice to see you back.

Simple post or not, when you bring up religion or politics there are going to be replies here. I doubt that Shogun expected there not to be a discussion. In fact, his replies pretty much confirmed that he did expect it, and in fact encouraged and extended it.

While Shogun usually avoids getting into religious/political discussions in depth, I think his motives were pretty clear.

FUS1ON
09-09-2009, 07:47 PM
That's right, I like sticking it to you non-believers every chance I get just like you all like to voice your opinions on the matter.

Sirc
09-09-2009, 09:34 PM
That's right, I like sticking it to you non-believers every chance I get just like you all like to voice your opinions on the matter.

If it keeps you posting then it works for me. :thumbs:

Nick
09-10-2009, 03:45 PM
non-believers lol

I have beliefs... but they have nothing to do with a 2000 year old book :)

and on topic... why would you want religious quotes on money?

JIMINATOR
09-10-2009, 05:35 PM
so the money can go to heaven also and be used for a finance based economy?