PDA

View Full Version : router firewall & zonealarm

Grimmy
02-25-2003, 07:36 PM
Anyone who has a router, that has a firewall built into it, do you also have Zone Alarm?? If you do, have there been times that you weren't able to connect, like after you woke your puter up from hibernation and everything seemed fine, just couldn't get out??

Just curious. My roommate was talking to some netword guys and they said that the 2 firewalls could not like each other, so I shut down ZA and see if that helps.

Sauron
02-25-2003, 08:48 PM
only have the Hardware (router) one active

OUTLAWS Behind You?
02-26-2003, 03:11 PM
My new router, a Linksys, says it has some kind of Zonealarm connection. I thought that was strange. I do not have Zonealarm and do not plan on getting it.

fasttoon
03-14-2003, 07:03 AM
I have Linksys, it works great, however they do recommend ZoneAlarm and theres a way to integrate it into the router.

I found out in my situation the two working together will block you from having a server for serious sam. I also had problems connecting to other servers to play, I always had to shut down ss then restart to connect to another game. Solution was to shut down ZA then I could play but not serve. I uninstalled ZA but still could not serve, turned out that truevector was still installed, once that was uninstalled I could serve, currently I use outpost agnitum, tiny and kerio which is the free version of tiny.

My server is using outpost and works, the other computers are not server and no problem with serious sam in connecting to other servers.

Hope that helps.