PDA

View Full Version : Prototype

Dan2
03-05-2010, 03:47 AM
Anyone play this game?
I've been playing the hell out of it. Lots of mayhem and carnage.
It's a single player, third person shooter with unique powers and abilities such as gliding off buildings, shapeshifting for disguise purposes and bunch of other craziness.
The setting is Manhattan where you can free roam, follow the storyline with set missions or play mini-missions on the side. Kind of like GTA but more funnerer because you can run up the side of a skyscraper, have military choppers chase you then in turn hijack those helicopters and rain ammunition on the infected bad guys down below.
It came out June, 2009 and has been compared to another game called Infamous. I plan on picking that up as well to see which one is better.
Here's a trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-10-prototype/47312

JIMINATOR
03-05-2010, 04:19 AM
I think the opinion is that prototype is better. played the hell out of it when it came out. mean to play it some more later. tons of upgrades, main problem being there is so much stuff it all gets confusing with all the different button combinations to perform actions. Next go around I would just stick to a few essentials.

Gun Element
03-05-2010, 08:58 PM
I played it for the 360 and it was awesome! I love the fast action paced ridiculous shinnanigans that happens throughout the game.

Its pretty riduculous once your fully maxed out on most upgrades.

Good game

Nick
03-08-2010, 04:33 PM
my friend showed me this game...

plays it in 3d with his nvidea glasses... damn nice game...