PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade issues V2

Grimmy
05-24-2010, 01:11 AM
I know there's a lot of work to be done to get everything back to looking and working somewhat the way it was. If you find something, please post here and be as descriptive as possible.

Bingo
05-25-2010, 11:35 AM
We need to look at why quoted messages are creating that big huge emtpy space in the message. I'll quote this below though I'm sure you've seen it too.

Bingo
05-25-2010, 11:35 AM
We need to look at why quoted messages are creating that big huge emtpy space in the message. I'll quote this below though I'm sure you've seen it too.

I'm talking about the like 4-5 inches of space above the quoted line in this message.

Grimmy
05-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Hmmm, that appears to be an issues with IE8. I use Chrome on my main computer, but I fire up my other computer and logged in to my test account, and using IE8, I see what you are saying. I see it's the same in both skins, so I think it's a browser issue. I'll add it to my to-do list and see what I can find out.

Grimmy
05-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Bingo, from the reading I've done on this, it's a compatibility view issue. In IE, to go Page, then down to Compatibility View Settings, and remove gamemecca.net from the list. Refresh your browser and that space should be gone and back to normal. :thumbs:

EXEcution
05-26-2010, 12:45 AM
I'm talking about the like 4-5 inches of space above the quoted line in this message.

Time to switch to Firefox or Chrome!

Bingo
05-26-2010, 02:21 AM
I refuse to switch!! I like IE on my 486 dx/2 PC and RGB monitor!!

Grimmy
05-26-2010, 04:47 AM
:loser: That's all I will say :P

I refuse to switch!! I like IE on my 486 dx/2 PC and RGB monitor!!

Dan2
05-26-2010, 07:06 PM
When I switch skins the page will display the Darkness skin but as soon as I navigate away from that page it returns to the default cornea burning white skin. Using Firefox 3.63.
I also tried switching in the settings page with the same result.

Bingo
05-26-2010, 11:51 PM
When I switch skins the page will display the Darkness skin but as soon as I navigate away from that page it returns to the default cornea burning white skin. Using Firefox 3.63.
I also tried switching in the settings page with the same result.

Weird. I tried in in Firefox 3.5.9 and could not recreate this. I landed automagically in Darkness v4. Switched to another site and came back and still had the same skin. So I switched to forum default and it correctly displayed. Went to another site, came back and still in default. Switched back to darkness and still had no problems.

Do you have any other browsers you can try to see if the behaviour is just Firefox?

Dan2
05-27-2010, 04:25 PM
^^ Weird yes. I tried IE8 and that works fine. I will try some different things to see what works.

Dan2
05-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Fixed!! I cleared the GM cookie restarted Firefox and voila, the dark skin stays.

Grimmy
05-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Is it showing that you are logged in when you come back? Also, when you come back to the site, try clicking on the Forums link, in the upper left (sorta like a refresh) and see if it stays the same skin or no.

When I first have stuff installed, if I would leave the site, and then come back, it would show that I wasn't logged in, but if I clicked on the forums link, then it would show me logged in and if I had a different skin, that would load as well. The problem went away for me, and I tried to replicate it on another computer, and I couldn't.

Let me know what you find out Dan.

Grimmy
05-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Fixed!! I cleared the GM cookie restarted Firefox and voila, the dark skin stays.

Awesome! I should probable mention that, that you cookies should be cleared, since the conversion from ver3 to ver4.

Caged Anger
05-30-2010, 11:47 PM
*whistles* well don't this place look cool
Nice work peeps :)