PDA

View Full Version : Poop...I think...

Snip3r
09-26-2002, 06:58 PM
When I checked my inbox it had an e-mail that was loading. So I let it load,then the e-mail said something about its a "Cool game" where you have to guess the movies it showz. Well I'm not that dumb, I saw the file and it was an Outlook file so I knew it had to be a virus, plus theguy who sent it to me had an email of like vz4e3@verizon.net or something. But now it has a box pop up and it says "Can't open Inbox.You might not have permission to write to this file.Check the permissions and try again." And I didnt even open the file,I have McAfee VirusScan 6.2, and I'm running a scan now,and I have Netscape 4.2...So can anyone help me?

SALvation
09-26-2002, 07:11 PM
McAfee = Suck
Netscape = Suck

Download Norton and you may find something that McAfee missed.

HAMMER
09-26-2002, 07:21 PM
[quote:498bc78084="SALvation"]McAfee = Suck
Netscape = Suck

Download Norton and you may find something that McAfee missed.[/quote:498bc78084]

He's not sh*tting either dude. I have been running McAffee VirusScan on all my PC's here, and NetShield on the servers. Today, I switched licenses to Norton AV 2002, and BAM! It caught 3 viruses on my network.

It auto scans anything coming from and going to your PC, including all emails.

I want to have Peter Norton's children!

Snip3r
09-26-2002, 07:24 PM
Good, thank god I downloaded Norton Antiviurs 7.0...Did I say downloaded? I meant went out and bought it with the money I don't have :P

HAMMER
09-26-2002, 07:26 PM
Norton Antivirus 7.0?

Um...

There's a McAffee VirusScan 7.0, but Norton uses 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, etc...

Snip3r
09-26-2002, 07:28 PM
Should I "buy" Norton SystemWorks 2003 Pro or just Norton 2003 Antivirus? *EDIT* Well I actually haven't checked it yet...I'll go and check what one i "bought"..Sheet, The ballhead named the file wrong..It is Norton client something something...Well that means I need to go get it...damit

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-26-2002, 07:52 PM
You know what would be funny. If you downloaded a virus with your antivirus software. LOL

Snip3r
09-26-2002, 08:01 PM
LOL that would be hilarious :D Well I kept McAfee,since my dad wants to burn everything that has Norton labelled on it,he blamez Norton SystemWorks 2002 for the crashing of my computer...Well Anyhoo, I scanned, found only one virus and deleted it and I got access to my Inbox again...Here is what the e-mail said....

"Here are scenes from movies, but the actors are invisible. Type in the names of the moves exactly the way it should be spelled (this file is unforgiving for misspellings) and if the word "The" is in the title, then you have to type that in as well. I was unable to figure out #24. The first one was Stir of echoes.
"ATTATCHMENT"
Invisibles_NEW.xls

Name:
Invisibles_NEW.xls
Type:
Microsoft Excel Worksheet (application/vnd.ms-excel)
Encoding:
base64
Ok thats it, and the guy who sent it to me was vze4m4xm@verizon.net Ok that is my life story...Good day!

SALvation
09-26-2002, 08:55 PM
Just get Norton Antivirus. I don't know if SystemWorks has improved over the last few years but it was a huge resource hog and the cause of many problems back a few years.

HAMMER
09-26-2002, 08:57 PM
Actually, Machine, I read an article about two years ago that stated that the no.1 target in the world for Virus makers is antivirus software. Think about it...it's the best way to deliver it. Make a virus that Norton doesn't detect, put it on the Norton CD somehow, and you're set LOL