PDA

View Full Version : Western Quake 3 mod

FUS1ON
03-12-2003, 11:02 PM
Fragetti mentioned this Q3 mod to me and I've been playing it and though I would mention it to you all. Iron Claw have just released v2.0 and there are several servers already running the mod and they can be found using ASE or the built-in server browser that comes with the mod. It's pretty cool with the Sergio Leone movies (A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly) playing in background. :thumbs:

Here's a few features about the mod:
A full arsenal of weapons with historically correct design. Check the weapons page for more information.
A big variety of "western styled" maps and player models.
A realistic damage system with different locations (head, chest...) and increased falling damage.
New "Western styled" gametypes for more fun (like Bank Robbery, Duel...) and a single player (playable in cooperative multiplayer) with a story and missions with different goals.
A Money System implying equipment purchase with money from rewards.
Different character classes having different abilities.
New "easy-to-use" graphical User Interface and HUD.
Other small improvements for a better and funnier gameplay.

Iron Claw's Western Q3 website LINK (http://westernq3.planet-multiplayer.de/index.php?site=news&sub=actual) Check out the screenshots section while you're there. They look pretty good for Q3 and the gameplay is very smooth. Someone remind me, What's a f9? :P

Hey look it's Clint Eastwood! :thumbs: (This screenshot doesn't do justice to the mods graphics)

MR. SLiK
03-13-2003, 01:25 AM
I have read about this. Seems cool enough to download (im on dsl again yay). His face sure looks like Eastwood, but his hands look like something out of golden eye 64.