PDA

View Full Version : A IDEA to improve the game.

Free Styler
09-28-2002, 11:08 AM
Well this would be my idea to better the game a bit.I dont know about you guys but i think the grenade laucher shoud be takin off the servers wich are mostly being played.Meaning irradecated from the levels every single one of them.I dont know if this can be done but i think it would improve the game trumendestly to sort of say. The only time i mostly use the tomato thrower is to kill a camper that as one.Or i sneak my way up jumping like a frog trying to get close enought to blast his head up whit my shot gun. I dont know if you feel the same way i do about this but there always a little bony camper somewhere landing completly idiotic shots which do not require any talents whats so ever.When this happens i feel like it's not even worth playing.Not that i can't beat them.It's just that i like to have fun while playing whitout having to be ketchupized by mister tomato who bounced 5 walls and decided to land on my head.A lot of players in this game should reiceive a award for(Longest time played in a FPS holding left mouse button whitout actully doing anything else then holding this magic button and actully winning sometimes).Maybe i'll start taping my left button mouse whit some ductch tape and go take a meal once a while to come back and enjoy some talented victories.So that was my opinion on that.To come back to the subject i think it would improve the game if this were to be done.

[DWF]hyperBlade_2
09-28-2002, 11:36 AM
freestyler i know that the campers or bored but the granade laucher is the best weapon in the game :P

TheUltimateWarrior
09-28-2002, 02:04 PM
grenates can be good for defence!!

whenever somebody is chasing me and i dont have much heath, i run away and around a corner i strow some grenates for my defence
i survive and sometimes i get a free kill

but i will sacrifice this, so there will be less campers!!!!!!

SALvation
09-28-2002, 02:35 PM
It's not possible to take the grenades out of every map on every server. It would be a huge mess since Sam doesn't have auto-download.

FASTway
09-28-2002, 09:26 PM
Free Styler...I love the grenade launcher myself.

I watched a demo of eph and when he respawned there was no shotty so he used the grenades to keep people away until the shotty spawned and then he grabbed the shotty and went on another killing spree...thats pure strategy.

The secret is to run the servers on "normal" difficulty....and you can easily survive one or two random grenades.

I only like serious difficulty if I am playing good players like yourself....people who play the game the way it was meant to be played.

On normal difficulty you still have cannon whores though.

Grimmy
09-28-2002, 09:32 PM
If they took the gernades out, can they take the shotty out, because I don't like it. Seems like a lot of people frag me, just with one shot and it didn't look/seem even close, but on the other hand I have to shot them 3/4 times before they are dead.

I guess ya just have to listen for when they hit the ground, keep moving, and be careful around the campers areas. Know where they flinging gernades, and once you know they up there, take em out. Example: Leon, enough said :lol:

Phoenix
09-28-2002, 09:58 PM
I love grenades!

Free Styler
09-28-2002, 10:36 PM
Well if can't be done it can't be done.I just though people would enjoy playing whitout grenade lauchers considering the fact a lot poeple are often complaining about the spamming going on in this game.Maybe it could of been replace whit a single shooty or something wich i think would given a chance to anybody to defend themselves against a incoming attack.

Grimmy
09-29-2002, 05:28 AM
yea, and with a single shotty, it wouldn make it more competive too.

FASTway
09-29-2002, 05:34 AM
[quote:275e3e3984="Grimmy"]yea, and with a single shotty, it wouldn make it more competive too.[/quote:275e3e3984]

The single shotty is very lethal...but it is harder to use because your accuracy has to be pinpoint.

with the double shotty you just have to be close....

Grimmy practice using the double....it is by far the best weapon in SAM....

the knife and shotty are very important weapons

Sirc
09-29-2002, 05:51 AM
If ANY weapon should be taken out its the CANNON! Okay, and the grenade launchers too. Not to meantion the rocket launchers, shotties, mini-guns, machine guns, green guns, knives, and pistols! Nothin but bitch-slapping! Yeh, that's the way SS was meant to be played! Did I mention that I pulled an all-nighter last night? Damn, why does my chair keep slipping out from under me? :puppydogeyes:

Heh - forgot the flame-throwers. I hate those.

Nobody
09-29-2002, 05:59 AM
I dislike the grenade launcher also, but only when used to spam in every direction . There are some uses for it especially if you can't get another weapon. But I think for the most part the nade launcher and the cannon or used by campers. I am sure many of you have played Joe Bob, he is very good with the launcher but can also play when he wants too. It would be nice if it were built into the server options to turn off certain weapons and power-ups if you choose.

Phoenix
09-29-2002, 06:02 AM
I wish more levels had the flame thrower!

Sirc
09-29-2002, 06:04 AM
[quote:abbb10bb15="Phoenix"]I wish more levels had the flame thrower![/quote:abbb10bb15]

Okay fine. I'll just map the Stop, Drop, and Roll to my spacebar...

Dan2
09-29-2002, 06:11 AM
I wish Red Station had a flame-retardent suit as a powerup.

Grimmy
09-29-2002, 06:18 AM
[quote:4094a93957="FASTway"][quote:4094a93957="Grimmy"]yea, and with a single shotty, it wouldn make it more competive too.[/quote:4094a93957]

The single shotty is very lethal...but it is harder to use because your accuracy has to be pinpoint.

with the double shotty you just have to be close....

Grimmy practice using the double....it is by far the best weapon in SAM....

the knife and shotty are very important weapons[/quote:4094a93957]

Dude, teach me, I suck with those both. Need lessons or pointers!!

Free Styler
09-29-2002, 08:40 AM
Hey sirc maybe amputing a couple of limbs would be even better.Sort of playing whit one leg and 1 arm having only 1 finger standing up.Now that would be fun.Hey maybe we could put some spinning one footer bruce lee kicks in for a special move.Now that would be awseome.

Sirc
09-29-2002, 08:52 AM
LOL! Yeh! We need a Monty Python mod!

"But I just cut off your arm!"

"No you didn't!"

"Yes I did! Look at it!"

"It's just a flesh wound! Fight you coward!"

LOL! :D

Mr Clean
09-30-2002, 03:13 AM
Perhaps coconut halves too so we can sound like we're riding horses... :)

Mr Clean
09-30-2002, 03:14 AM
[quote:567aeb05fe]If ANY weapon should be taken out its the CANNON! Okay, and the grenade launchers too. Not to meantion the rocket launchers, shotties, mini-guns, machine guns, green guns, knives, and pistols! Nothin but bitch-slapping! Yeh, that's the way SS was meant to be played! Did I mention that I pulled an all-nighter last night? Damn, why does my chair keep slipping out from under me? [/quote:567aeb05fe]

LMAO

OUTLAWS high ping camper
09-30-2002, 04:06 AM
[quote:96034da788="Sirc"]LOL! Yeh! We need a Monty Python mod!

"But I just cut off your arm!"

"No you didn't!"

"Yes I did! Look at it!"

"It's just a flesh wound! Fight you coward!"

LOL! :D[/quote:96034da788]

LOL! You're on roll!! LOL!