PDA

View Full Version : rocket launcher

Fred Bear
03-18-2003, 05:10 AM
can someome give me some tips on using the rocket launcher? I can't seem to hit anything with it. :blink:

Sirc
03-18-2003, 05:14 AM
The rocket launcher is tricky, especially in smaller maps like Little Trouble. It's really easy to blow yourself up with it. :P

But the real trick is to shoot at the feet of your target. Don't try to shoot directly at him/her, or half the time you'll just miss. The rockets have some serious splash damage, so even if you hit the floor (or wall) close to them you will inflict a lot of damage.

JIMINATOR
03-18-2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Fred Bear@Mar 18 2003, 05:10 AM
can someome give me some tips on using the rocket launcher?  I can't seem to hit anything with it. :blink:
1) aim at the feet or walls that the enemy is close to, otherwise you will just miss
2) aim where the enemy is going, add more distance the further away they are, not where they are, rockets are relatively slow (you fall faster than a rocket will hit) so guesses are good
3) turn on sharp turning and set the mouse sensitivity as high as you can stand
4) For close up work, jump up while shooting down, range damage can be lethal, and it is better to be killed than to kill yourself
5) play a lot

FASTway
03-18-2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Fred Bear@Mar 17 2003, 09:10 PM
can someome give me some tips on using the rocket launcher? I can't seem to hit anything with it. :blink:
Shotgun will get you way more frags than rocket launcher.

Sirc
03-18-2003, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Mar 18 2003, 12:21 AM

4) For close up work, jump up while shooting down, range damage can be lethal, and it is better to be killed than to kill yourself

Ah, this is an excellent point. Be very carefull about shooting rockets at someone with a shotgun. If they shoot at you at the same time you fire a rocket it will just explode in your face and end up killing you. It will add a point to your death count, and take away a point from your kill count.

And yes, it's a good idea to jump when you fire the RL at someone near you. It will help to get you further away from the blast. (Although I haven't mastered this quite yet. :oooo: )

But don't jump when you have the DBSG and are in a shotty battle with someone. Just move from side to side irratically. If you jump while you are fighting someone with the shotty then it is too easy for them to time when and where you will land. Okay, this isn't what you asked about, but it is true, and was taught to me by the great Hammer himself. :thumbs:

Sirc
03-18-2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by FASTway+Mar 18 2003, 12:28 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FASTway @ Mar 18 2003, 12:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Fred Bear@Mar 17 2003, 09:10 PM
can someome give me some tips on using the rocket launcher?&nbsp; I can&#39;t seem to hit anything with it. :blink:
Shotgun will get you way more frags than rocket launcher. [/b][/quote]
Except on LT. Most of the time. :oooo:

FASTway
03-18-2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc@Mar 17 2003, 09:29 PM

But don&#39;t jump when you have the DBSG and are in a shotty battle with someone. Just move from side to side irratically.
Moving side to side erratically is called "strafing"....learn the lingo :rolleyes: :P

But strafing is not always the best option for shotty.
In close shotty battles require massive jumping.
Farther off shotty battles are best served by strafing.

IMHO.

Sirc
03-18-2003, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by FASTway+Mar 18 2003, 12:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FASTway @ Mar 18 2003, 12:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OUTLAWS Sirc@Mar 17 2003, 09:29 PM

But don&#39;t jump when you have the DBSG and are in a shotty battle with someone.&nbsp; Just move from side to side irratically.
Moving side to side erratically is called "strafing"....learn the lingo :rolleyes: :P

IMHO. [/b][/quote]
What is it called when you push the up key, and aren&#39;t standing still, but aren&#39;t going backwards either? :P :rofl:

FASTway
03-18-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc+Mar 17 2003, 09:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS Sirc @ Mar 17 2003, 09:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -FASTway@Mar 18 2003, 12:42 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--OUTLAWS Sirc@Mar 17 2003, 09:29 PM

But don&#39;t jump when you have the DBSG and are in a shotty battle with someone.* Just move from side to side irratically.

IMHO.
What is it called when you push the up key, and aren&#39;t standing still, but aren&#39;t going backwards either? :P :rofl: [/b][/quote]
HA HA,

Or is that a serious question. :blink: :P

Sirc
03-18-2003, 05:59 AM
:lol: I was sure you were gonna say that that was called running towards FASTway like a lemming runs toward the cliff. Erm, or something like that. :P

FASTway
03-18-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc@Mar 17 2003, 09:59 PM
:lol: I was sure you were gonna say that that was called running towards FASTway like a lemming runs toward the cliff. Erm, or something like that. :P

I am amused by futile attempts at survival.

Sirc
03-18-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by FASTway+Mar 18 2003, 01:03 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FASTway @ Mar 18 2003, 01:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OUTLAWS Sirc@Mar 17 2003, 09:59 PM
:lol:&nbsp; I was sure you were gonna say that that was called running towards FASTway like a lemming runs toward the cliff.&nbsp; Erm, or something like that.&nbsp; :P

I am amused by futile attempts at survival. [/b][/quote]
LOL. Spoken like a true MERC. :thumbs: :drink:

Sirc
03-18-2003, 06:13 AM
Sorry, Fred. We ended up spamming your post. But I hope we answered your question. :angel:

GreatWhite
03-18-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Fred Bear@Mar 18 2003, 05:10 AM
can someome give me some tips on using the rocket launcher? I can&#39;t seem to hit anything with it. :blink:
Do what the rocket-eers do, you can train yourself - and believe me - YOU NEED TO , just top your health up to max - go to prefferably red station (or a map with lots of open space) and point the rocket launcher to the floor, shoot, and you will to the rocket jump...

Then when you are just about to touch the floor, jump again and you will go higher, but this time lose no health ...

Just keep doing that ...

Thats one trick&#33;&#33;.. :thumbs:

Sirc
03-18-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by GreatWhite+Mar 18 2003, 02:37 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GreatWhite @ Mar 18 2003, 02:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Fred Bear@Mar 18 2003, 05:10 AM
can someome give me some tips on using the rocket launcher?&nbsp; I can&#39;t seem to hit anything with it. :blink:
Do what the rocket-eers do, you can train yourself - and believe me - YOU NEED TO , just top your health up to max - go to prefferably red station (or a map with lots of open space) and point the rocket launcher to the floor, shoot, and you will to the rocket jump...

Then when you are just about to touch the floor, jump again and you will go higher, but this time lose no health ...

Just keep doing that ...

Thats one trick&#33;&#33;.. :thumbs: [/b][/quote]
:blink: I don&#39;t think that&#39;s very usefull in a fragmatch situation. Unless you are a camper and are trying to get to a place that you shouldn&#39;t be in. :P

GreatWhite
03-18-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc+Mar 18 2003, 07:58 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS Sirc @ Mar 18 2003, 07:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -GreatWhite@Mar 18 2003, 02:37 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Fred Bear@Mar 18 2003, 05:10 AM
can someome give me some tips on using the rocket launcher?* I can&#39;t seem to hit anything with it. :blink:

Just keep doing that ...

:blink: I don&#39;t think that&#39;s very usefull in a fragmatch situation. Unless you are a camper and are trying to get to a place that you shouldn&#39;t be in. :P [/b][/quote]
I wasnt saying to use it in a fragmatch, well, you can if you want..

But what I meant was to just experiment and have fun.. :thumbs:

Static
03-18-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by FASTway+Mar 18 2003, 03:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FASTway @ Mar 18 2003, 03:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Fred Bear@Mar 17 2003, 09:10 PM
Not if you use it like i do :)

Hobbes
03-18-2003, 09:57 AM
Hmm, everyone else covered most of the major tips for proper rocket handling. On the topic of rocket jumps; the Sam physics aren&#39;t really good for rocket jumping, and on serious difficulty you&#39;ll do too much damage to yourself for it to be worth it. So at this point don&#39;t worry about rocket jumps in fragmatch.

You can do good with just a rocket launcher, but you can do better if you know when to pull out the double barrel to finish them off. Or you can lure someone in to a close range shotty duel then pull out a rocket launcher and blow them away.

The rocket launcher is a really good defensive weapon. If you need to get away from someone, get around a corner and immediately turn around and fire a couple rockets there as run away and they&#39;ll usually either stop chasing you or get blown up.

The most important skill with a rocket launcher isn&#39;t your precise aiming skills, but your prediction skills. Play a lot so you have a feel for how fast rockets go, what paths people are likely to take, and how long it will take them to get somewhere. Then just put it all together and figure out where they&#39;re going and have a rocket show up on top of that double barrel shotgun (or whatever) just in time to meet them as they run out from behind the corner to grab it. The best rocket you can shoot is one that they can&#39;t see coming until its too late. ;)

Static
03-18-2003, 10:36 AM
yup all too true hobbes.... ppl quite often think i spam in games because they get killed by rockets when running around a corner or going to pick up a weapon.. but if u watch from my perspective usually the case is i spotted the person first and knew where he was going so fired a rocket there and sure enuff BOOM they go :)

Knowing the level well is crucial and how to get somewhere as quick as possible so that if u do see someone you can cut them off and get the kill before they even know you&#39;re onto them..

also knowing where to fire on the level is important... by that i mean for example.. in little trouble if you&#39;re standing on the ramp where the 200 health is and you see someone going for the rl or grenade launcher if you fire a couple of rockets straight ahead at the wall instead of firing the rockets at the rl or gl area then you will almost certainly kill them if they run that way... this works for me 9/10 times..

then of course you have the top players who are extremely difficult to predict... then u just gotta pray :)

another key thing is if you&#39;re in a fight with someone and u have the rl and he has the db is also knowing where HE can dodge or jump to to try get away from your rockets, chances are if they are close they will want to get some distance... quite often i get kills from knowing where they are going to try run away to and firing there instead :thumbs:

Sirc
03-18-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Static@Mar 18 2003, 05:36 AM
also knowing where to fire on the level is important... by that i mean for example.. in little trouble if you&#39;re standing on the ramp where the 200 health is and you see someone going for the rl or grenade launcher if you fire a couple of rockets straight ahead at the wall instead of firing the rockets at the rl or gl area then you will almost certainly kill them if they run that way... this works for me 9/10 times..
Can you explain this one again? I&#39;m not sure which ramp you&#39;re talking about. Or do you mean catwalk, or whatever the heck its called? :hmmm:

{[RtZ]}DeEZ_NuTz
03-19-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by GreatWhite+Mar 18 2003, 07:37 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GreatWhite @ Mar 18 2003, 07:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Fred Bear@Mar 18 2003, 05:10 AM

Just keep doing that ...

Thats one trick&#33;&#33;.. :thumbs: [/b][/quote]
if u go and download my rocketeering map pack (when its done) itll teach you quite a few tricks even a few i invented myself they r a little tricky but ull get used ot it heres one of them u use a grenade launcher shoot it so it stops right near a wall and count to 5 right before 5 seconds has past jump and shoot the wall ull get alot farther than usual if u do it right or u can jump and shoot the floor to get higher but thats more usefull in single/co-op for i dont know getting over traps etc. but if u download the maps there will be one single player/ coop map that itll have obsticles and u will have to get around them by reading the instructions on the wall on how to complete the obsticle using rocket moves also there will be a huge map for ur fragging rocket jumping pleasures everyone gets 999 health wahoooo

Hobbes
03-19-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc@Mar 18 2003, 11:00 AM
Can you explain this one again? I&#39;m not sure which ramp you&#39;re talking about. Or do you mean catwalk, or whatever the heck its called? :hmmm:
Yes he means the catwalk. You see little red dude run past the opening he&#39;s in; you can assume he&#39;s going to follow along the red path behind the wall, grabbing the rocket launcher then heading on towards the single barrel shotgun. You shoot your rockets straight ahead so they&#39;ll hit the wall just above his head as he runs by.

JIMINATOR
03-19-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Hobbes+Mar 19 2003, 01:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hobbes @ Mar 19 2003, 01:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OUTLAWS Sirc@Mar 18 2003, 11:00 AM
Can you explain this one again?&nbsp; I&#39;m not sure which ramp you&#39;re talking about.&nbsp; Or do you mean catwalk, or whatever the heck its called?&nbsp; :hmmm:
Yes he means the catwalk. You see little red dude run past the opening he&#39;s in; you can assume he&#39;s going to follow along the red path behind the wall, grabbing the rocket launcher then heading on towards the single barrel shotgun. You shoot your rockets straight ahead so they&#39;ll hit the wall just above his head as he runs by. [/b][/quote]
Hey, I really like that red skin. Where can I get one?

JIMINATOR
03-19-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by {[RtZ]}DeEZ_NuTz+Mar 19 2003, 01:11 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ({[RtZ]}DeEZ_NuTz @ Mar 19 2003, 01:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--GreatWhite@Mar 18 2003, 07:37 AM

Do what the rocket-eers do, you can train yourself - and believe me - YOU NEED TO&nbsp; , just top your health up to max - go to prefferably red station (or a map with lots of open space) and point the rocket launcher to the floor, shoot, and you will to the rocket jump...

Just keep doing that ...

if u go and download my rocketeering map pack (when its done) itll teach you quite a few tricks even a few i invented myself they r a little tricky but ull get used ot it heres one of them u use a grenade launcher shoot it so it stops right near a wall and count to 5 right before 5 seconds has past jump and shoot the wall ull get alot farther than usual if u do it right or u can jump and shoot the floor to get higher but thats more usefull in single/co-op for i dont know getting over traps etc. but if u download the maps there will be one single player/ coop map that itll have obsticles and u will have to get around them by reading the instructions on the wall on how to complete the obsticle using rocket moves also there will be a huge map for ur fragging rocket jumping pleasures everyone gets 999 health wahoooo [/b][/quote]
Hey, can you make a demo and put it somewhere? I can do some limited rocket jumps, but not what you are talking about. With 75 points gone, you go real high, but even @ 50 I can&#39;t make the second jump.

Dangerous Dan
03-19-2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Hobbes@Mar 18 2003, 09:57 AM
Or you can lure someone in to a close range shotty duel then pull out a rocket launcher and blow them away.

haha, i fall for this one each time.. in my mind i&#39;m like "I CAN TAKE IT, I CAN TAKE IT&#33;&#33;&#33;" the BOOM, lol

Sirc
03-19-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by The Clanless Wonder+Mar 18 2003, 11:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Clanless Wonder @ Mar 18 2003, 11:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Hobbes@Mar 18 2003, 09:57 AM
Or you can lure someone in to a close range shotty duel then pull out a rocket launcher and blow them away.

haha, i fall for this one each time.. in my mind i&#39;m like "I CAN TAKE IT, I CAN TAKE IT&#33;&#33;&#33;" the BOOM, lol [/b][/quote]
That&#39;s a risky move though. Close range shotty battles tend to be rather short-lived. In the time it takes to switch weapons I would no doubt be turned into gibs.

Dangerous Dan
03-19-2003, 04:39 AM
Hobbes will do it well on either skulls and bones or hole, or on hard or normal diffuculties, he knows when to use the tactic. he basically has it down :thumbs:

Slice
03-19-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc@Mar 18 2003, 12:29 AM

But don&#39;t jump when you have the DBSG and are in a shotty battle with someone. Just move from side to side irratically. If you jump while you are fighting someone with the shotty then it is too easy for them to time when and where you will land.
Not always. If you are going to jump, which I do sometimes, try to jump and move forward or backwards so you change the plain you are on. Also move side to side to mix up the bag. Always&#33; always&#33; shoot people in the air&#33; Most people think this is a bad idea, it is not&#33; I kill and damage a lot of people with the shotgun while they are airborn. It is just a teqnique that you need to master. As far as Rocket Launcher goes, I tend to fire them as I am moving away from the target.

Sirc
03-19-2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Slice+Mar 19 2003, 12:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slice @ Mar 19 2003, 12:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OUTLAWS Sirc@Mar 18 2003, 12:29 AM

But don&#39;t jump when you have the DBSG and are in a shotty battle with someone.&nbsp; Just move from side to side irratically.&nbsp; If you jump while you are fighting someone with the shotty then it is too easy for them to time when and where you will land.
Not always. If you are going to jump, which I do sometimes, try to jump and move forward or backwards so you change the plain you are on. Also move side to side to mix up the bag. Always&#33; always&#33; shoot people in the air&#33; Most people think this is a bad idea, it is not&#33; I kill and damage a lot of people with the shotgun while they are airborn. It is just a teqnique that you need to master. As far as Rocket Launcher goes, I tend to fire them as I am moving away from the target. [/b][/quote]
Heh, that&#39;s funny, cause whenever I try to jump in a shotty battle I almost always get killed in the air. Unless, like someone said here, you are REALLY close to your apponent, then jumping works pretty well for me.

Slice
03-19-2003, 06:34 AM
Man I can pick people in the air with the shotty. I am talking about great players not just newbs. ;) But like I said it is a skill to learn. If you are new to the game I don&#39;t suggest it. You will probably miss and get killed.

GreatWhite
03-19-2003, 07:22 AM
You&#39;ve gotta admit you need almost perfect timing for the rockets because of the SS--LL--OO---WWW load... And the rockets arent exactly THAT fast now are they?They should be speedy like the cannon.. :w00t:

GreatWhite
03-19-2003, 07:23 AM
Man I can pick people in the air with the shotty. I am talking about great players not just newbs.&nbsp; But like I said it is a skill to learn. If you are new to the game I don&#39;t suggest it. You will probably miss and get killed.

Yeah I can do the same with the cannon, especially on Red Station when they are jumping on the launching pads.. :w00t:

Sirc
03-19-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by GreatWhite@Mar 19 2003, 02:22 AM
You&#39;ve gotta admit you need almost perfect timing for the rockets because of the SS--LL--OO---WWW load... And the rockets arent exactly THAT fast now are they?They should be speedy like the cannon.. :w00t:
It takes practice, just like any of the other weapons. ANY weapon can be deadly in the right hands. The RL is no exception.

Hobbes
03-19-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by GreatWhite@Mar 18 2003, 09:22 PM
Their slow speed is countered by the huge blast radius. With an explosion that big, even if your timing is far from perfect you can still splatter someone. ;)

Static
03-19-2003, 09:34 AM
Yup that&#39;s the shot i meant in Hobbes little drawing :D

Any weapon can be deadly in the right hands.... rl is easily my best seeing as it was all i used for so many months when i was on 56k and didn&#39;t really have any other choice so i&#39;ve pretty much gotten as good as i can with it..

even the tommy gun can be deadly.. i often get a few frags with it in Little trouble.. if i see a few ppl fighting i pull it out and as soon as i see one of them go red i fire madly at them as a slight touch quite often kills them and you don&#39;t have to be accurate with it as the shotty.

Agreed with slice that it&#39;s alot easier to shoot someone who&#39;s in mid air.. when your up there u can&#39;t really dodge at all....

re the jumping in shotty fights.. i tend to jump alot if i am close to my opponent.. this tends to throw them right off as to where you are exactly... when you jump and are close to someone it&#39;s very hard for them to keep track of you... though this doesn&#39;t really work against people playing third person view..

HAMMER
03-19-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by FASTway+Mar 17 2003, 11:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FASTway @ Mar 17 2003, 11:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Fred Bear@Mar 17 2003, 09:10 PM
Fastway, that might depend on who&#39;s manning the Rocket Launcher. I don&#39;t have much of a "getting frags" problem.

GreatWhite
03-19-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER+Mar 19 2003, 03:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HAMMER @ Mar 19 2003, 03:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -FASTway@Mar 17 2003, 11:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Fred Bear@Mar 17 2003, 09:10 PM
can someome give me some tips on using the rocket launcher?* I can&#39;t seem to hit anything with it. :blink:
Fastway, that might depend on who&#39;s manning the Rocket Launcher. I don&#39;t have much of a "getting frags" problem. [/b][/quote]
Yeah good point .. some people are rubbish with the rocket launcher <no offence to thoes who are..> :rofl: :drink:

{[RtZ]}DeEZ_NuTz
03-20-2003, 12:38 AM
while im in this section i have an anouncement to make {[RtZ]} is mainly a cannon/ minigun clan but i am officially playing rl only for the next 2 months, u cant provoke me cannon mwahaha&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :devil: :w00t: :drink: :drink: :bandhead: :WTF: :online2long: :drink: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

FASTway
03-20-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by HAMMER+Mar 19 2003, 07:16 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HAMMER @ Mar 19 2003, 07:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -FASTway@Mar 17 2003, 11:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Fred Bear@Mar 17 2003, 09:10 PM
Fastway, that might depend on who&#39;s manning the Rocket Launcher. I don&#39;t have much of a "getting frags" problem. [/b][/quote]
Yeh you certainly don&#39;t. :thumbs:
But from what I have seen most rocket launcher people fall victim to the shotty masters.

Anyways, the more people in the game and the more effective the RL becomes.

Fred Bear
03-20-2003, 07:16 AM
thanks for all of the tips guys :jammin: I guess now I need to practice :thumbs: practice :thumbs: practice

Fantum309
03-20-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by GreatWhite@Mar 19 2003, 11:41 AM
Yeah good point .. some people are rubbish with the rocket launcher <no offence to thoes who are..> :rofl: :drink:
Yeppers, that is me&#33; Rubbish with the RL&#33; I am my own worst opponent&#33; :bawling:

DevilPikkolo
03-21-2003, 01:39 PM
I kill myself too often when the oponets shoots the rocket that just comes out of the weapon :bandhead:

Fantum309
03-21-2003, 02:41 PM
Now there is another interesting point. Several times I have watched rockets move past me like in slowww motion and it&#39;s almost as if I can run around it or jump up on it or something like that. It&#39;s almost hysterical just to duck and dodge a rocket as long as you see it coming&#33; Maybe the ping has something to do with it?

Die Hard
03-21-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Fantum309@Mar 21 2003, 02:41 PM
Now there is another interesting point. Several times I have watched rockets move past me like in slowww motion and it&#39;s almost as if I can run around it or jump up on it or something like that. It&#39;s almost hysterical just to duck and dodge a rocket as long as you see it coming&#33; Maybe the ping has something to do with it?
No, you can dodge rockets if you can see them coming.

I dodge yours all the time :oooo: :rofl: :rofl:

Fantum309
03-21-2003, 03:44 PM
Very funny, you know that ain&#39;t true..................I can&#39;t get them outta the end of the launcher&#33;&#33;&#33; :rofl: