PDA

View Full Version : msn sounds

Grimmy
03-19-2003, 06:37 PM
I just noticed that my puter beeps from the mobo when someone signs in, and when I get a message. Before it used to play a sound through the speakers, but doesn't any more. How would I change that back?? In the sound panel, I have the sounds that I want, but they don't play for some reason. :WTF:

Grimmy
03-19-2003, 07:08 PM
Also, when I log into windows, I don't hear the sounds, but I have my speakers on and everything. Grrrrr puters :bandhead:

Grimmy
03-20-2003, 12:54 AM
xp pro is the os that I have. :WTF:

GreatWhite
03-21-2003, 07:56 AM
XP pro has a lot of problems with sound ...

Thats why I have XP Home, because you only need pro if you are :

NOT gaming

and are just using the computer for work and stuff...

XP Home supports:
Gaming,

Msn sound

---------------------

Try this:

Go to the directory msn messenger is saved in, go to sounds, and see if there is any (example) 'userhasmessege' - these might be missing - and windows will use the system beep to conclude the sound. And if this doesnt work ....

Just write out your contact list with all the hotmail address'es and then COMPLETELY u-install MSN - In add/remove programs in the control panel... And then re-install from the [ MICROSOFT WEBSITE ] (http://www.msn.com/messenger) - also other people on the forum may have some other ideas, so dont go jumping ahead, see if anyone else has any ideas..

If this topic doesnt in a couple of days, i'd just take my advice.. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Grimmy
03-21-2003, 08:11 AM
it wasn't just msn, I wouldn't get the log in when logging into windows and exiting windows. But I have it fixed now, did a system restore ;)

GreatWhite
03-21-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Mar 21 2003, 08:11 AM
it wasn't just msn, I wouldn't get the log in when logging into windows and exiting windows. But I have it fixed now, did a system restore ;)
Okay dude thats ok.. :thumbs: - I'm allways here to help!! :rolleyes: