+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy Birthday Pathos!

My Mood
    Innocent

Happy Birthday Pathos!

One of the most honored and amusing GM members ever. I salute you. I hope you're having a great day!

Belated cheers! I see it's been a good 3 years since my last visit. Just this week I stumbled across an ancient Rocket Whore post from someone over on Gamezone24 I had initially missed that got me nostalgic and reminiscing again, and of course that got me to thinking on GameMecca itself.

I always hold my breath when I look this place up on Google, wondering if it'll still be functional, before bravely stroking that enter key heart in mouth with tear ducts at the ready. But lo, here we are still. [throws an echoed cheer into the empty halls]

Who IS responsible for that? You or Grimmy perchance? Kudos to whoever it is.

If anyone is on PSN do add me. Under "Soggypathos". I don't play a whole lot of games, fits and starts more than anything, but who among us does now that life in its autumn twilight has taken hold of us.
    Last edited by Pathos; 07-11-2018 at 11:32 PM.

My Mood
    Lurking
    And Happy Belated or Premature Birthday for this year Pathos.

I still lurk around in the dark hoping to see an old face but haven't played any online games in years. I play on my phone Clash of Clans etc but that's it.

Hope you're good!
    ....Too fast to live, too young to die....

....In Hiding.....

And a happy birthday to Pathos from this side of the pond.

Gaming has indeed changed for me since I began playing Serious Sam around 2 decades ago (which led me to seriously and subsequently to Gamemecca). Shout out to Sal and Dark Lev. Good times back in the day! My gaming these days has me playing Rocket League in the evenings when the kids are settled. Usually my oldest (14 now) is up playing Fortnite on the Xbox while I play RL on the PC.

Speaking of kids, we have 13 of them now. Not really. We stopped at 4. But we were on a really good pace there for a while. Ages 14, 12, 10, and 8. Yes, our baby is 8. Wow, I'm getting old!! I'll hit the big 4-0 next year. Recent pic beginning the school year is attached.

Finally, we figured that if we weren't going to have more kids, we would make up for it by the pound with dogs. So we have 2 great danes. One is a pup, just 4 mos (George, ~40lbs). The older is nearly 3 named Dallas (~165 lbs). Needless to say, the kids are good with a shovel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Kool-Aid Pimp Dangerous Dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday - two years too late, but hey, you have had two since then and I missed congratulating you on both!

Let's pull something out of the woodwork to celebrate both the fact that you're just that much older and wiser...

Just to remind us all of the glorious days of previous internet highs, let's celebrate with a throwback to the ytmnd! http://happybdayibm5150.ytmnd.com/

DE - loved (belatedly) seeing those updates on your populous family! Quite the heart-warming leap from the shared post of your first back when the world was young (and GameMecca was just a flimsy excuse for Sal and Lev to alleviate their burgeoning sexual tension).

DD - Saw you jump in and reminisce with me over on Gamezone. I never tire of stories of old, so big cheers my man. I'm thinking soonish I might convert some of my old Sam demos (like FS vs. the MERCS) straight to YT before alzheimers or a failed backup sees me lose my gaming archives.

Speaking of which, I did upload an impromptu 1v1 I had against Sephi back in the day (recorded at a time where I was experimenting with removing my aiming cursor for better overall focus). I believe I only ever shared that extract with Jiminator or privately with the MERCs:

Anyway, cheers gang! Not been too active in the digital sphere but if you're a fellow PC tech-head I did have a little fun last year outlining my PC build (and scored a feature) over on PCPartpicker. I gave it the subtle title of... "Divorce Maker".

How time has trundled on. I will forever have the warm fuzzies in my heart for this site and all its regulars. I'm not much of an Instagram user (the odd Gym or daughter-related update), but if any of you are on there you can find me under @pathos_gm
    Last edited by Pathos; 06-29-2020 at 12:14 AM.

Another few years slip by, and another few posts are made. Good to hear from Pathos and DD. Here in 2020, the kids are almost 16, 14, 12 and 10. We're gearing up to supposedly start school in-person on the 19th if the state signs off on that plan. I'm personally skeptical it will happen given the pandemic conditions and expect that there will be outbreaks that require whole classes to quarantine within the first couple of weeks, but we will have to wait and see.

Our dogs are larger now. Dallas weighs in around 180 lbs. He likes to sneak George's food when we're not looking. And George is around 105 lbs. Our kids alternate chores and lets just say that whoever does the poop scooping gets a good bicep workout.

My business has done well through the economic trials this year. Being a hobby business for older folks (software defined radio, selling communication equipment to ham radio operators) in the current climate meant that many of our customers had more time on their hands. We also landed a lucrative contract partnered with Raytheon to build radios for aircraft. So lots to do even in the midst of the downturn. We are definitely blessed to have the stability and to still be hiring during such a time when so many are struggling. I hope that those reading this are faring similarly despite the pandemic.

My gaming time still has me playing Rocket League when I can fit it in. I've been doing more Snow Day recently. If I get a hankering for some FPS action, I'll fire up Team Fortress 2. More often, I'm spending my free time with the family watching movies and exercising. Trying to come out of this without gaining the COVID-19 pounds. So far, so good. Running 20+ miles a week and doing bootcamp 2-3x has done the job.

OUTLAWS OUTLAWS high ping camper's Avatar
    Rather than post a very belated happy birthday to Pathos, I would like to send you a happy premature birthday. It's only a month out.
    Kind regards my friend,
    hpc/Bob
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- high ping camper

+ Reply to Thread