+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I am so pissed off!

I think I used to be a good player but now....it's all about me being an easy prey! Day after day, I play and I get destroyed by everyone....the thing is I have a ping between 150-250 but the game is soo jerky. I have to frag players several times because they keep respawning. It is so frustrating to get defeted by people who dont lag at all (the machine for example). I am about to cry and reinstall UT2003.... Before I do that, please give me some advices. Should I switch my DSL connection to CABLE? I am running WINXP, should I switch to another version? I have an Athlon xp1700+, nvidia g4ti4200, 256 mb ram ddr....should I get something else?

Administrator
    My Mood
    Blah
    What are you speeds that you get with your DSL?? I think cable it way better, but depending on what they limit you to. As for your ping, that is about what I get, sometimes lower and sometimes higher. Do you have the netgraph on to see if you are getting lots of yellow spikes? I played last night, and I had to frag people some 3-4 time, before they would die. The netcode is bad. Hope they get the beta one figured out soon!

Originally posted by Grimmy@Dec 18 2002, 05:46 AM
    What are you speeds that you get with your DSL?? I think cable it way better, but depending on what they limit you to. As for your ping, that is about what I get, sometimes lower and sometimes higher. Do you have the netgraph on to see if you are getting lots of yellow spikes? I played last night, and I had to frag people some 3-4 time, before they would die. The netcode is bad. Hope they get the beta one figured out soon!
    1 mbits is the speed. Where can I get the graph?

My Mood
    Lurking
    /hud_bshownetgraph=1

edit : type it in in console

Cable might help, more ram wouldn't hurt, and there are alot of good players out there now.

EDIT: I know Pheonix I ain't one of the good players
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- SPIKE

GEAUX TIGERS !!

Dont sweat it dood. We all need that netcode patch. More ram wouldnt hurt (as Spike stated to boost frame rates, load times). And you havent had time to play as much as others, so you may be a little rusty.

My Mood
    Innocent
    Originally posted by Hellraizer+Dec 17 2002, 09:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hellraizer @ Dec 17 2002, 09:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Grimmy@Dec 18 2002, 05:46 AM
    What are you speeds that you get with your DSL?? &nbsp;I think cable it way better, but depending on what they limit you to. &nbsp;As for your ping, that is about what I get, sometimes lower and sometimes higher. &nbsp;Do you have the netgraph on to see if you are getting lots of yellow spikes? &nbsp;I played last night, and I had to frag people some 3-4 time, before they would die. &nbsp;The netcode is bad. &nbsp;Hope they get the beta one figured out soon&#33;
    1 mbits is the speed. Where can I get the graph?[/b][/quote]
    Wow. That&#39;s pretty good for DSL. Mine is only 625 kb/s download, 125 kb/s upload.

I have the 150-250 ping also and the damn jerky movements and respawn stuff too. I guess I&#39;m just used to it now.

Yesterday I saw you whit a 25 ping...???

not me. I never get under 150.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast