+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to take and post screenies in Serious Sam

During the game push F11 to take a screenshot.

Your screenshots will be in the Serious Sam directory in your ScreenShhots folder. Default path is C:\Program Files\Croteam\Serious Sam Second Encounter\Screenshots (I like to keep that ScreenShots folder sorted by date in decending order so the most recent screenshots are always on top.)

Now you need a program that will open .tga files. I use Quick Time (which was free), but you can use any program such as photoshop or other free ones.

Now what I do, and other's might do it a different way, I open the screen shot up with Quick Time, hit my print screen button, open Paint, click on edit then paste. Next I cut out the section I want becuase it can only be 51k or less in size, then open a new Paint page and paste it. Next make sure the white borders are brought in or they will be part of your screenie. Now you need to save it as a JPEG file and you are done. I make a folder called temp images on my desktop and put them all there to keep them together.

To check to make sure they are less than 51k in size, just right click on it and select properties.

Please post any other methods or questions here.

To take a shot of the end of the game scores you can not hit F11. You must push the Print Screen button then go into Paint and paste it. Then continue with the above proceedure.

My Mood
    Devilish
    SS2 Newbie says thanks!!

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Some people are like a slinky...
    not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Thx Machine for the instructions

I'm also a newbie in taking and posting screenies...

However since you asked how other people take and post screenies...

This is how I do it:

I use the programs that were coïncidently already on my comp (yes most of them inevitably provided by MicroScum)

to open the .tga file I use MS Picture it! once that program has opened the screenie (900K) I choose the option 'save as' in Picture it! I change the screenie from .tga to .jpeg format and save it in my pictures folder.

Then I close the Picture it! program and open MS Photo Editor.

In MS Photo Editor I open the saved screenie (the one I converted to jpeg). Photo Editor then allows me to select the part of the screenie I want (usually the one with the scores). I copy the selected part. Then I open a new 'blank' image in Photo Editor (of which I estimate the size to correspond with the selected part...you can set the size of a new blank image in pixels,cms or inches)

I paste the copied selection onto the new blank image. Then I choose the option to cut away the white parts of the blank image that are too much.
    When I get the desired framing of the image I save it in my screenies folder

Ok I know this method may not be the best one , but it works for me
    I appologise if my explanation may confuse some

Good luck with posting Screenies!

My Mood
    Lurking
    I take the screenie open it with the Photoshop elements, crop the pic to only the part i wanna have then save it as a jpg file and choose the quality so it is not bigger than 50k and post it

Reccomended freeware image program: IrfanView

Can easily open .tga files, save as jpg or gif and easy to crop images.

Good input. Thanks guys!

Okay....

So even after the game is over, and that stupid computer screen comes up ( you know the NTRISACS..whatever) if I hit 'printscreen' I will get the game screen, and not the computer screen? I don't want to snap a shot while I am still playing, that is how you die.

That is correct.

Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Dec 26 2002, 03:12 PM
    That is correct.
    Good deal! Thanks Machine.
    Now I can take all the screenies of me getting pounded by Outlaws and the rest of DOA!

Joy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast