+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some Nice UT2k4 Tips

DOA Forever.
    Got the June edition of MaxPC, found these under their review of UT2k4 (they gave it a 9 )

UT2K4 is highly customizable.  You can make lots of tweaks and hacks to adjust performance, graphics, and unlock secret effects.  To use these tech tips, to to C:\UT2004\System\UT2004.ini and open the file in Notepad.  You should make a backup of this file as well, just in case.

Use more of your System memory
    Find "CacheSizeMegs=32" and change the number to whatever amount of system memory you'd like the game to use.  As a general rule, set it to about 200MB less than your total because you need some memory to run your OS.  The result will be faster level loading times.

Keep Frames Up
    Locate "MinDesiredFraameRate=35.000000" and input your minimum desired frame rate.  The game will automatically toggle the visual eye candy to match the number you select.

Increase your net Speed
    The default setting of 'configuredInternetSpeed=10,000" means you download info at 10Kb/s, but for LAN play, or if you have a T1 connection, set the number to about 20,000.  Modem users should set it to about 5,000.

Play your own Music
    Hit F11 in-game to open the included MP3 player.  Select which files you want to hear and commence rocking. (Does NOT work with VBR (Variable BitRate) MP3 Files.)

Select Alternate Horn Sounds
    Every vehicle has a funny, alternate horn.  To enable it, press "~" to open the console and type "set input X playvehicle horn 1" where X can be any key.  Once in a vehicle, press X to hear the funny horn.

That might just be my longest post ever.

Morph

My Mood
    Devilish
    good read, but if you play with music on, please PM me, I want to meet you in my server

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Some people are like a slinky...
    not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Originally posted by Pure_Evil@Jun 8 2004, 02:00 AM
    good read, but if you play with music on, please PM me, I want to meet you in my server
    i listen to my own music sometimes :unsure:

My Mood
    Devilish
    Originally posted by Red[GummiBear]+Jun 8 2004, 08:05 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Red[GummiBear] @ Jun 8 2004, 08:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pure_Evil@Jun 8 2004, 02:00 AM
    good read, but if you play with music on, please PM me, I want to meet you in my server&nbsp;
    i listen to my own music sometimes :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s been a while, you and I need to dance

but could you play sober :angel: gives me a better chance

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Originally posted by Pure_Evil+Jun 8 2004, 12:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pure_Evil @ Jun 8 2004, 12:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Red[GummiBear
    good read, but if you play with music on, please PM me, I want to meet you in my server*
    It&#39;s been a while, you and I need to dance

but could you play sober :angel: gives me a better chance [/b][/quote]
    sure man, hit me up on msn sometime if you see me on and we will play a couple, i need to brush up on 1v1 anyway for MML, but i cant guarantee i will be sober&#33;

DOA Forever.
    Originally posted by Pure_Evil@Jun 7 2004, 10:00 PM
    As soon as i find a good connection...

with music....

Originally posted by Red[GummiBear]+Jun 8 2004, 08:05 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Red[GummiBear] @ Jun 8 2004, 08:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pure_Evil@Jun 8 2004, 02:00 AM
    good read, but if you play with music on, please PM me, I want to meet you in my server&nbsp;
    i would love that and i am gonna try when i get home today

Very Music

Quote Originally Posted by Pure_Evil
    I play with music on, Pure. Shall we tango?

My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhead
    I play with music on, Pure. Shall we tango?
    I'll see you in Khrono

be prepared to suffer!

+ Reply to Thread