+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to set up a deticated server

Trying to set up a deticated server

I have the stand alone server and have edited the batch file to read

@echo off
    :10
    ucc server CTF-FaceClassic?game=XGame.xCTFGame?AdminName=slice?Ad minPassword=****** ini=UT2004.ini log=Gods.log
    copy server.log servercrash.log
    goto 10

The server starts and the file xadmin.ini gets created. But I can not connect to the server via the web control panel. I put in the ip and then :80 at the end and nothing loads. Any suggestions?
    A smile is a light in the window of the soul indicating that the soul is at home.
    ~Anonymous~

Downward Spiral GM Council Rep Fragetti's Avatar
    Slice
    Try using the default web-admin logon =Admin / Admin if you want to change it look for a file called Xadmin.ini I think and change it there. Also check your ut2004.ini for the port you my need to change it as some ISP block port 80 dont forget to open that port as well in your router
    Frag

Downward Spiral website
    http://downwardspiral.org

Quote Originally Posted by Fragetti
    Slice
    Try using the default web-admin logon =Admin / Admin if you want to change it look for a file called Xadmin.ini I think and change it there. Also check your ut2004.ini for the port you my need to change it as some ISP block port 80 dont forget to open that port as well in your router
    Frag
    No this is a rack server running windows 2000, there is no router. It is on a fiber pipe which I remote desktop to. Anyways I tried the regular way first and it didn't work. Do I need to put the server ip in the ut2004.ini file along with the port number?
    A smile is a light in the window of the soul indicating that the soul is at home.
    ~Anonymous~

My Mood
    Devilish
    check your e-mail

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Some people are like a slinky...
    not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

When you type in the url to webAdmin do you get a login window or page not found?

Heres the section of the ut2004.ini file that will change the port

[UWeb.WebServer]
    Applications[0]=xWebAdmin.UTServerAdmin
    ApplicationPaths[0]=/ServerAdmin
    Applications[1]=xWebAdmin.UTImageServer
    ApplicationPaths[1]=/images
    DefaultApplication=0
    bEnabled=True
    ListenPort=8888
    ServerName=
    Applications[2]=
    Applications[3]=
    Applications[4]=
    Applications[5]=
    Applications[6]=
    Applications[7]=
    Applications[8]=
    Applications[9]=
    ApplicationPaths[2]=
    ApplicationPaths[3]=
    ApplicationPaths[4]=
    ApplicationPaths[5]=
    ApplicationPaths[6]=
    ApplicationPaths[7]=
    ApplicationPaths[8]=
    ApplicationPaths[9]=
    MaxConnections=30
    ExpirationSeconds=86400

The file that controls the Web-Admin interface is XAdmin.ini
    heres whats in it:

[XAdmin.xAdminConfigIni]
    AdminUsers=(AdminName="XXXXX",Password="XXXXX",Privileges=,Groups=("Admin"),ManagedGroups=)
    AdminGroups=(GroupName="Admin",Privileges=,GameSec Level=255)
    AdminGroups=(GroupName="MatchSetup",Privileges="Xm ",GameSecLevel=240)

Quote Originally Posted by Slice
    No this is a rack server running windows 2000, there is no router. It is on a fiber pipe which I remote desktop to. Anyways I tried the regular way first and it didn't work. Do I need to put the server ip in the ut2004.ini file along with the port number?

Downward Spiral website

I get a page not found message. I never get to the log in screen..
    ~Anonymous~

if its a closed network try using the ip you assigned the server not your static ip from your isp so something like http://server ip:listen port/ServerAdmin/.

my server is on the DMZ so i get to my web admin using my static ip from my isp and the port i setup in the ut2004.ini file. if I want to get to it thru my home network i use
    http://192.168.1.5:5760/ServerAdmin/ that is the ip I assigned the server and the port i set

hope this helps
    Frag

Downward Spiral website

Yo Slice
    How did you make out? Did you get it working ?
    Frag

Downward Spiral website

Watching...

/me watches with interest - planning on setting up one of his Linux machines as a UT2004 server for LANWar 26...

My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhead
    /me watches with interest - planning on setting up one of his Linux machines as a UT2004 server for LANWar 26...
    Zero[Gummibear] can help you on site, he's the server boss for the tournies

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Some people are like a slinky...
    not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast