+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JAPAN Commentary

JAPAN Commentary

I knew as long as it did not rain I would most likely take this race. When we were all in practice I noticed that both F1 Nut and Homer F1 were significantly slower in the turns (definetely a setup issue). So much so that I swear they were braking. This however led me into Homer F1's rear fin pushing him into the wall... which I am very sorry about doing. I could not understand why he was going so slow in that medium speed corner... so I was not expecting it and plowed right into him. My mistake however.

Anyway, the qualifying session was interesting being that it was in monsoon conditions. I faired decent in qualifying only to give up P1 to F1 Nut by a half a second.

At race time, I had a decent start but F1 Nut shut the door on me causing me to brake very early before the first turn. This allowed Homer F1 to pass me. (probably something he wished he did not do.. given I crash a little later into him). We were all together during the first lap when I accidently rear ended Homer F1's car thinking he would take the turn faster than he did. This made me have to stop my car and wait for him to get out from the wall. Meanwhile F1 Nut was speeding away with what I thought could be another victory for him. Once I saw Homer F1 make it safely in the pits, I pushed extremely hard to catch up to F1 Nut. I ate up his 10+ second lead in about 4-5 laps.

Eventually F1 Nut pitted and I stole some precious seconds away from him. Putting fast lap after fast lap I got a modest 20 second lead due to the fact, I think, F1 Nut spun or lost a wing.. I am not sure.

Given that the lead was too great I felt I personally had to serve a stop and go penalty which I did to try to even up the race given my accident. This in turn put us all pretty much back together and I had a great fight for about 3 laps with F1 Nut. BTW nice false calls saying you were going into the pits. It worked, I always slowed down which gave you breathing room.

Anyway, after fighting, he finally pitted, and I was able to speed away and gain enough time to pit myself and pull 7 seconds ahead of F1 Nut to secure the race win.

Race win number 8 now. I may be getting pretty close to securing the championship. But anything can still happen and it is not in the bag yet. Both F1 Nut and Homer are way too good to give up.

Great race though guys. Sorry again Homer!!!! I should have known better to not follow so close.
    Last edited by ::: DARK PSI :::; 10-28-2005 at 03:07 AM.
    <<(:: + MERC + ::)>> //// DARK PSI //// +[HC]+

::: Formula 1 Fanatics - www.formula1fanatics.com :::

+ Reply to Thread