+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quake 4 Information

Downward Spiral GM Council Rep Fragetti's Avatar
    well when I did it your way and joined the server my name didnt change? when I edited the Quake4config.cfg it did. I do have both tho.

Downward Spiral website
    http://downwardspiral.org

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    This is what I used in my autoexec.cfg seta ui_name "^1[^7O^1]^c009S^c109H^c309O^c509G^c709U^c909N"

Just to make sure i'm right, I conducted an experiment. I only have one autoexec.cfg file, it is located in the Q4base folder. I took it out of the Q4base folder and put it on my desktop, then opened both the Q4base & the Q4max Quake4config.cfg files and edited my my name command from seta ui_name "^1[^7O^1]^c009S^c109H^c309O^c509G^c709U^c909N" to seta ui_name "Shogun"(plain white, no fade). I then started a server and my name appeared as Shogun (plain white, no fade). Exited the game then put the autoexec.cfg file back into the Q4base folder, started a server and my my name fade was back. I opened the Quake4config.cfg files and the commands had been changed back to seta ui_name "^1[^7O^1]^c009S^c109H^c309O^c509G^c709U^c909N".

BTW Are you using "set" or "seta" in the name command? I'm not sure but I believe the seta command makes it edit the Quake4config.cfg file and the set command does not.

What i'm doing is suggested here on this guide:
    Config Files

Config files (marked *.cfg) are textfiles that contain settings, scripts and binds for Q4 (see topics on the console, scripts and binding keys for more info). The one config file everyone has is q4config.cfg, located in the baseq4 folder inside your Quake 4 folder, and in every mod folder. The q4config.cfg files contain all the settings and variables for Q4 and/or a particular mod. It is not recommended to edit these files manually, but you can safely look at them using a textfile viewer which supports Unicode Text Files (if you open up the q4config.cfg file in Notepad you'll notice all carriage returns have disappeared. I recommend to use WordPad instead).

q4config.cfg- The file that contains all of your quake4 settings.
    autoexec.cfg- This file is not created by Q4, you can make it yourself. What it does is automatically loads any settings located in this file when q4 starts up.

Configs can be saved and loaded at any time. When in the game, pull down the console and type 'writeconfig anynamehere.cfg'. This command creates a config file out of your current settings, and saves it as 'anynamehere.cfg'. To load a config, type 'exec anynamehere.cfg'. This is useful if multiple people play your game and have different control settings, or if you want different configs for multiplayer and singleplayer. If you have different graphics settings per config, you might have to type vid_restart in the console after exec'ing your config.
    Taken from - http://www.quake3world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11829
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

Limited Edition
    Big Thanx Guys

I can't believe what you've job with that post SliK
    Nice job you've done there, will be very usefull for me
    Last edited by M a T R o X; 03-09-2006 at 02:00 PM.

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Yeah it looks nothing like Slik's original post, check who has been editing it so it looks like that.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

My Mood
    Lurking
    Some great stuff here. Thanks guys.

I'm going to fire up Q4 tomorrow daytime and see how far I get. I'll come back and post here and let you know how far I got.
    ....Too fast to live, too young to die....

....In Hiding.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12