+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GM's Quake 4 2v2 TDM League Signup

So...when is it going to get started? I think everyone that wants to be in it already is signed up.

Death by Snoo-Snoo!

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    I was just about ready to get it kicked off when this new version of Q4Max hit and it's got a few bugs at the moment. Frag is looking into it, so we will know in a few days.

What i'm thinking is one map, 2 on 2, three rounds (5 points equals a round) and using Clan Arena. Using that format we should be done in about 1-1.5 hours max.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

My Mood
    Devilish
    sugestion: each team pick 1 map, and the league assigns a tiebreaker.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Some people are like a slinky...
    not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Another suggestion: No bouncy maps in outer space.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- Dan2

When Darkness Falls the Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by Pure_Evil
    sugestion: each team pick 1 map, and the league assigns a tiebreaker.
    I like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2
    Another suggestion: No bouncy maps in outer space.
    Oh! But that's the only time I do good!

I think the best rule is that the league tiebreaker cannot be a bouncy one. If the opposing team chooses taht for their map (assuming that Pure's idea gets used), then so be it. They have theirs. You have yours. For the league TB, I can see saying that the map can't be bouncy.

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    I like that idea PE had.

I'll make up a list of maps to choose from and i'll make sure they will be small enough for 2v2.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Ok here are the maps to choose from, some are a tad big but they should still provide more action and less time wandering looking for your opponent.

Frag or PE can you please make sure these are on the server just in case i've installed one on my machine that isn't on the server?

Everyone else, I would advise that you print this list and make sure you have these maps. If you get into the match and you do not have the installed that the other team selected, your team forfeits that round.

The way it will work is both teams will enter their match, one team will vote their map in first and play until 5 points, then the other team votes in their map and play until 5 points, then if a tiebreaker round is needed, vote in the third tiebreaker map (Railed) for the third round and play until 5 points.

Maps:
    Fast Fry
    Galang by Lukin
    Galang by Lukin [Remix]
    [TMP]Fragging Yard 1v1
    [TMP]The Lost Fleet
    [TMP]Over the Edge
    The Fragging Yard 1v1
    The Longest Day
    Mash-up Streets [Beta 5]
    Campgrounds Redux
    Railed
    Phrantic

Tie Breaker Map:
    Railed

As we get closer to when the tournament will be held, i'll post all of the rules, times, dates, etc .... In the mean time, you need to be making up your teams. We don't have a bunch of peeps this time so frankly I don't care if you mix clans with other clans or independents. Work it out amongst yourselves.

I'm going to be playing with one of my fellow Outlaws to be determined .... we will let you know our team/s.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

My Mood
    Pensive
    Good choices. I am not a big fan of phrantic tho. Sho u should check out the contest maos I posted, some of those would be perfect fot 2v2.
    My Serious Sam Vids:
    Damnation - Frag
    You Wouldn't Believe - Trick

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Me either, Phrantic was one of those "crap I need to take a few so we have a selection" ones. I'm not so sure that is even one of the maps that is on the server to be honest with you, that is why i've asked Frag or PE to check to see.

This first time out, lets go with what we have and we will adjust maps, rules, etc ... as we go.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast