+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cool background

Cool background

1. Make a new .psd file, about 350x150
    2. Go to: Filter, Render, Clouds. (make sure you reset the colors before you do this, D )
    3. Next do the same as above but do difference clouds. Keep doing it until you get the clouds you want (Ctrl+F) usually you want more white clouds then black.
    By now you should have something like this.

4. After you've done that go to: Image, Rotate Canvas, 90 CW
    5. Then go to: Filter, Stylize, Wind. make the settings "Wind" and "From the right." Then rotate it back.
    6. Then go to: Filter, Sharpen, and Sharpen. Do this at least twice. (you also might want to do it even three times, it all depends on how your sig looks when you do it)
    once you've done that you should have something like this:

if you want you can also go to, Filter, Brush Strokes, Accented Edges, and experiment with that, it kinda gives it a nice shiny effect.

This next thing you don't have to do, but sometimes it's good for making a sig with the render in the middle.

7. Duplicate the layer (Ctrl+J), then select the top layer and press Ctrl+T, then right click on the image and select: Flip Horizontal.

8. Now change the layer mode to Screen or Lighten.

And after that your background should look something like this:

9. Now for some color. Go to the Hue/Saturation (Ctrl+U) and select colorize. Set the Hue to 200 and the Saturation to 45.

And your done. This is how mine came out:

I hope this is easy to understand.

I am going to try post a new one every week most will be on the easy side but I will throw a harder one in from time to time!
    GameMecca FFL '07 Fantasy Football Champion

x5

My Mood
    Lurking
    did you tried to do a exploding meteorite ball the same style? i've saw tutorial somewhere around,, awesome one

emm. The princips are the same, but only thing is that you use a blank circle, fill it with dried dirt texture, like this:
    http://www.dreamstime.com/driedearth-thumb77860
    and use BLAST effect on it, rotating the canvas 90 CW, applying blast and rotating it back. then adding bloomy effect by duplicating image on top of it and putting layer effect to SCREEN, after that putting gausian bloor on bottom image to 3

try it ;]
    When someone invents something idiotproof, someone else will invent a better idiot..

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Thx Dawg for the tut

Hybrid I made this forum section so we could post tuts in here written by GM members. Please write that one up and post it in a new thread when you get time.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

Quote Originally Posted by <<Hybrid>>
    did you tried to do a exploding meteorite ball the same style? i've saw tutorial somewhere around,, awesome one

emm. The princips are the same, but only thing is that you use a blank circle, fill it with dried dirt texture, like this:
    http://www.dreamstime.com/driedearth-thumb77860
    and use BLAST effect on it, rotating the canvas 90 CW, applying blast and rotating it back. then adding bloomy effect by duplicating image on top of it and putting layer effect to SCREEN, after that putting gausian bloor on bottom image to 3

try it ;]
    No never tryed it post it I would love to see it!
    GameMecca FFL '07 Fantasy Football Champion

x5

+ Reply to Thread