+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where is TGR server Located??

My Mood
    Twisted

Where is TGR server Located??

Who is hosting this unit? I get great pings usually under 20 .

Limited Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by ME BIGGD01 View Post
    Who is hosting this unit? I get great pings usually under 20 .
    Under 20? Danny what the helll?! I don't live that far from you but I still get 80 ping there. Now you make feel deprived lol

My Mood
    Twisted
    It might be that I have fiber in my house which blows everything away. No latency ever and 5M up.

Limited Edition
    ahh...so you switched from suckass Optimum to Verizon then? I still have optonline but only until they cap me again, they its bye bye forever. they still give me 30mb down so im satisfied

My Mood
    Twisted
    30 mb down is bs so don't believe the hype. I dod believe they raised your upload speed though because they needed to compet with fios. to mw upload is mor eimportant than download but regardless, you never get the max when downloading because the servers ususally have you capped.

test your bandwidth across America and tell me what you get. Try seattle or cali and that will give you an average dl speed.

The problem with cable is when their is high traffic on your node you will slow down. Picture a bunch of people like you on your street on the web. This is where cable needs to double their bandwidth and if they are capping you which I know they do which is bs and should not be allowed no matter what you do onthe web, you need to start sending less checks and tell them you are capping your bank account.

You can always continue to complain also and have them come to your house every day which costs them money. I did that for awhile because I was sick and tired of the slowdowns with optimum. I am really happy there is competition now and was first to call cable up and tell them to go F themselves and canceled. Now I have Fios tv and all and I am happy because the signal to the tv's are much better along with having clean throughput on my network. On my home netowrk I use gbit lan so everyone can be using the internet and downloading what ever they want at the same time which gives me no problem.

Limited Edition
    hmm i didnt know that , thanks for the info

you tihnk i should switch to fios now? how much besides the monthly fee do i have to pay them (installation charges, etc)

My Mood
    Twisted
    if you have fios available, then the price is very similiar to cables if you use there phone system. they have a triple play package for 99.99. I myself spend a lot more because I get teh Italian station along with all the movie channels. All in all I save because I don't need the satelite on the roof any more as I get it through verizon fios.

as for quality of service, I would say they probably are the same when on the phone but the fibre is much better and so is the fios product.

Installation was free also

Limited Edition
    sweet deal

ill switch to them asap

+ Reply to Thread