+ Reply to Thread

Thread: a new CG (3D) movie. (Beowul)

a new CG (3D) movie. (Beowul)

a new CG (3D) movie. Check it out you going to be surprise because this is going to be more in the future and better as the years come.

http://www.beowulfmovie.com/
    RIP my friend and in spirit.
    1982 - 2007 R.I.P. Mark a.k.a. Freestyler

My Mood
    Pensive
    Grendel ftw!
    My Serious Sam Vids:
    Damnation - Frag
    You Wouldn't Believe - Trick

And Beowulf's victory over Grendel. . .

It's going to play a major roll in the coming years.

Look closely at the CG 3D of who they are and wonder what the future holds for movies.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by SASQUATCH View Post
    And Beowulf's victory over Grendel. . .

It's going to play a major roll in the coming years.

Look closely at the CG 3D of who they are and wonder what the future holds for movies.
    If you ever read Grendel, the book by John Gardener, you would understand that, through the author's representation, Grendel is a much more interesting and unique character than Beowulf. I would much rather see a movie based solely on that novel than another epic "film".

CG or not it could still be quite bad. 300 was mostly CG except for the live actors and while some called it "revolutionary" I found it to be quite shallow and cliche. Effects can only make a movie look good on the surface which is ideal for promotional purposes but it takes talent on the writer's and director's side to make a movie work and feel "real".

I'm not saying that Beowulf will suck because of the way it is made, but I am skeptical as to whether or not it will convey the message of the original story and do it well.

To me the movie just looks like a well rendered video game.
    My Serious Sam Vids:
    Damnation - Frag
    You Wouldn't Believe - Trick

I know of Grendel and have read the book many years ago probably before you were born.
    This is about CG that will be replacing many scenes those actors or actress can’t do and you will see it replace many things in the future. CG will not be a bad thing it will improve as the years come and you will see that and will not be able to tell the difference when it gets better. As for directors, producers and etc they will always play a role.
    As far as the skeptical of conveying the story, when did you ever think that movie makers have ever told the story correctly? LOL
    This is about how much better they are getting when rendering for a movies. Watch and see how it will prevail.
    It is going to be the future weather you like it or not but it will never take the place of theaters which I go a lot btw in Broadway and on the east side of NYC.

Just sit back and try to enjoy with an open mind.

yeah totally in for imax 3-d.

+ Reply to Thread