+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Never Ever Again....

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky

Never Ever Again....

NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I BUY A @#$%& GAME THROUGH STEAM ONLINE!!!!

This is the third damn time i've had to download this sumbitch 7gig game @200 KB/s.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

OUTLAWS OUTLAWS high ping camper's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that Sho.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- high ping camper

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    The thing about it is that they sell you this "You can access your account from your buddy's house so you can play there" crap. You would have to either go over there and start the download 5-6 hours ahead of time or give them your account info and let them start it for you .... either way sucks.

There probably is a way, but there needs to be a way you can burn the stuff to DVD and then just DL the updates.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

Thats why I went out and bought the damn box set.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- Whocares

Don't Blame me I didn't vote for him.

My Mood
    Fine
    I absolutely HATE Steam. I generally avoid buying any games that use Steam. I won't even buy physical games that use Steam for online play.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- Bingo My Trade List

My Mood
    Fine
    And just to quote myself from the initial TF2 thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
    I've installed it now. Good FREAKING GOD I forgot just how much I hate Steam. I've always avoided any Steam products like the plague. I can't tell you how much I hate that I have to connect to them to play a game I'VE ALREADY BOUGHT AND REGISTERED. Oh my god that pissess me off.

Can you tell it pisses me off? lol

Anyway, so after entering the damn product key like 6 times because it "couldn't connect to steam" I finally got it to run. Ran a few sceanarios as a private server with password just so I could get a feel for it. It's pretty cool. I wish they played up the humor side a bit more, since it's clearly pointed in that direction.

So far, I like it more or less. I'd love it if it wasn't a Steam product.

B
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- Bingo My Trade List

Owner
    I hated the time it took to load it but I do like the games. Glad I waited and got the orange box.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- CHICO

It's good to be the CHICO

I don't have a credit card, so i can't buy anything from Steam. (My parents won't probably buy for me.) So i asked my friend to buy Garry's mod from there, cause you can't get it anywhere else? He said no problem, then we were trying to buy it, what a surprise, it doesn't accept the card.. I still don't know what was the problem, the card was Visa. Could it be that my friend is underaged and can't buy from there..?

Edit: I forgot to say that my friends last name has an "ä" on it and you can't put "ä" in there where it asks the name. Could the reason why i can't buy it be that dumb?

This is what i got for email:

Dear ....

We are unable to complete your recent order for Garry's Mod for the account ......., as your credit card purchase was declined. For a list of reasons that a credit card purchase placed on Steam is commonly declined, visit
    http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-...hp?p_faqid=429.

Last edited by Virus; 02-05-2008 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    I don't have a credit card, so i can't buy anything from Steam. (My parents won't probably buy for me.) So i asked my friend to buy Garry's mod from there, cause you can't get it anywhere else? He said no problem, then we were trying to buy it, what a surprise, it doesn't accept the card.. I still don't know what was the problem, the card was Visa. Could it be that my friend is underaged and can't buy from there..?

Edit: I forgot to say that my friends last name has an "ä" on it and you can't put "ä" in there where it asks the name. Could the reason why i can't buy it be that dumb?

This is what i got for email:

Dear ....

We are unable to complete your recent order for Garry's Mod for the account ......., as your credit card purchase was declined. For a list of reasons that a credit card purchase placed on Steam is commonly declined, visit
    http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-...hp?p_faqid=429.

some banks have separate e-cards and cash cards, which means when buying something online you need to use e-card. i had the same problem with my mastercard until i found out this.

Quote Originally Posted by MassacreAL View Post
    some banks have separate e-cards and cash cards, which means when buying something online you need to use e-card. i had the same problem with my mastercard until i found out this.
    I see. How do you get the e-card? Just go to bank and ask for one or..?

+ Reply to Thread