+ Reply to Thread

Thread: problem

Owner

problem

I tried to leave the game and it locked up on me. Well then I launched the game and it took me too safe mode. Now when ever I get killed or I try to use the aim button I get wild bright lights ,any suggestions on how to fix it ?
    I have obtained the rank of Major 2 class and I don't want to loose it by reinstall again !!!!!!!! yes again the first time I was up to major 1 class!!
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- CHICO

It's good to be the CHICO

All I wanted was a Pepsi NightBreed's Avatar
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Dunno about that one..
    but, you can check to see if your profile is still on your system. C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles.
    Be American, Buy American !!

I CELERITER TEMPUS DEFICIT

All I wanted was a Pepsi NightBreed's Avatar
    My Mood
    Hungover
    found this on the CharlieOscarDelta site...looks like you're not alone...

"Step 1: Go to the following directory:
    C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progr am Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles

Step 2: From the top left choose organize and then Folder and search options. Select the view tab and tick show hidden files and folders. Click OK and return to the above directory.

Step 3: Copy the now visible profile and paste into C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles. Also paste a copy to your desktop as a back up and delete the file that is in the Virtual directory. Make sure it is empty!

Step 4: Right click on the folder and if it shows the Hidden option is ticked... uncheck it. Click ok and open the folder. Now highlight the files inside. Should be 3 of them. Right click and go to properties. If they are showing up as hidden, untick that also.

Step 5: Now to test. Open COD4 and it should automatically load your profile. Choose Create Class and rename any class to a different name. Quit COD4 and open it up again. Check to see if your class was renamed. If it was, you are in luck and back in the game!

Step 6: Refer to step 2 and choose to hide your system files again.

Step 7: Make sure you make regular backups of your profile. You might also want to choose to right click the COD4 file and choose the option to always run it as an administrator. "

Hope this helps !!
    Be American, Buy American !!

I CELERITER TEMPUS DEFICIT

+ Reply to Thread