+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another one bites the dust

My Mood
    Twisted

Another one bites the dust

COD4 started out good but it got boring way too fast. The same crap evry round. All the servers have different settings which ruin the game. For an example if you have it the settings set where you die with one hit the game becomes a machine gun noob fest where you die from spam bullets rather than talent. This seems to be the case as most servers are set this way.

Second the maps are way to F'ing small and we have not gotten shit as far as new maps. The audio system in the game sucks my sack as you can not get full environement like you did in cod2.

The game was good but that was yesterday. All this hype and that's about all you get today. I have my weapons and 5 stars. I'm done with this boring ass game. There is no true skill needed to play it and if you try to use some, it does not matter because the maps might as well have two sides line up in front of each other and shoot.

I am going RPG and back to RTS style games because nothing today is any good for the money. I prefer a less nice looking game for something that keeps you entertained.

My Mood
    Fine
    I tell you, it's funny.

I was thinking about games and the lack of anything that really has 'grabbed' me in a long, long time.

To me, the mark of a game is if you still are interested a year - or even better 2 years - after you get it.

Take Civ III. For me, I still go back and play it pretty often even now, YEARS later.

The same goes for GTA though to a lesser extent. I still have fun blasting around in them.

UT2K4 - much the same. I can still have a great time with it.

Of course I do still have to mention Serious Sam. Hell, just tonight I was playing a one on one game with Execution and I realized I had a big grin on my face just because I was having such a good time getting my butt whipped by him.

THAT is what makes a good game, and I've seen far too little of it over the past couple years.

A lack of innovation - a lack of cohesion that can really suck you in.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- Bingo My Trade List

Limited Edition
    Good timing on GTA IV's part

Quote Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
    A lack of innovation - a lack of cohesion that can really suck you in.
    See, we all have a different understanding of what "great" or "sucks you in" is defined by.

I personally feel that since the 2nd part of 2004, we've had a pretty constant flood of good games. Far better, in my mind, than what came before it.

FarCry; Doom 3; Half-Life 2; HL2: Episode 1; Prey; Oblivion; Orange Box; Bioshock; Crysis (Heck, personally I'd even say Sam 2...i enjoyed it)

They've kept me entertained pretty constantly for the last 2-3 years.

but then again...I play for the story, for the single player. Multiplayer is purely an added, and, with the exception of UT, I'd never in my life buy a game just for the multiplayer aspect.

It's only in the last maybe 3 months that things have gotten complacent and I'm starting to wonder if I need a Wii to fill the gaps

<mumbles to himself>I wouldn't have to feel that way if Rockstar would release GTA to the PC at the same time as the frickin' 360/PS3.

Owner
    Sam I feel was ruined by cheats and people that can't understand that using aliases put them into a catagory to where they are suspect to cheating!!
    TF is still fun for me and COD4 I had all my stars and fully enjoyed the Barrett snyper rifle ( my cannon as I called it ).
    EXE is an excellant player and always fun to play against ,OUTLAWS and MERCS used to have some awsome battles, Then the Saints,Reapers and all the top clans got really into it and man it was a blast,Then the aliases started ,then all of a sudden the tags came off and you know the rest.
    I still have been dabbleing in Sam Second but it's not the same without OUTLAWS in there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- CHICO

It's good to be the CHICO

Downward Spiral GM Council Rep Fragetti's Avatar
    You guy are welcome to use the {DS} servers

CoD4 209.246.236.166:28960

TF2 66.55.155.156:27015

As long as we dont have a Match or Practice

Your Friends @ Downwardspiral.org

Downward Spiral website
    http://downwardspiral.org

+ Reply to Thread