+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet the Spartans

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky

Meet the Spartans

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1073498/

There are several trailers, IMO this is the best one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac5pQ26BzNE

This is out on DVD, the 'critics' hated this so I knew I would love it. This movie might not be for everyone, but if you can remember it is a spoof movie and check your expectations for 'serious content' at the door and accept it for what it is, it is a great movie. Let me get this out of the way .... Carmen Electra is waaaaay HAWT! I do not want to spoil it so I won't go into details, but I laughed my butt off several times especially at the beginning and the training scenes .... "Show him the piledriver" and those painted on sixpack abs on the baby ... LOL.

As you can see it's a spoof of the movie "300" with several other movies thrown in and also picks fun at some celeb's (Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, American Idol, Ellen DeGeneres, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to name a few) and their screw ups. I'm just curious what it would be like to someone who has not seen 300 already and might not understand some of the scenes.

Anyone seen it? Loved it or hated it?

I give it an 8
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

My Mood
    Innocent
    It's on my list.

The Electric Boogaloo He Is Legend's Avatar
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I thought it was be another horrible Scary Movie knock off, but from watching that one in particular trailer..doesn't look so bad

Getting up and going to Block Buster now, finally have a day away from my little cousins, ha.

EDIT : isn't that one spartan the main actor of that show that used to come on, " Hercules " ? hahahah

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    ^^^ LOL youngins. Scary movie knockoff? You say that like it was the first spoof movie. There was Airplane, Young Frankenstein, Naked Gun, etc .... just to name a few.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

My Mood
    Innocent
    Saw it. Sorta. I wasn't able to sit through more than 1/3 of it. I've seen 300 spoofs on Youtube that were better than this...movie. I'm not a big fan of this genre anyway, so this was definitely not the movie for me. 0/10

The Electric Boogaloo He Is Legend's Avatar
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    ^^^ LOL youngins. Scary movie knockoff? You say that like it was the first spoof movie. There was Airplane, Young Frankenstein, Naked Gun, etc .... just to name a few.
    A spoof is a mocking imitation of something or someone.

Airplane, Young Frakenstein and The Naked Gun were not spoof's. They were their own movie with their own story line. They didn't take scenes from other movies and twist them around to make their movie funny.

Meet The Spartans, which has a story line..but will reference and "spoof" scenes from movies throughout most the movie. Which is why I said it was a Scary Movie knock off, not in a bad way though..it's just in the exact same genre as Scary Movie.

Didn't mean to offend you.
    Last edited by He Is Legend; 05-31-2008 at 02:14 AM.

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    I'm not offended at all. These were probably out before you were born, maybe that is why you would say that they are not spoofs.

Airplane made fun of the Airport movies
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065377/
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071110/
    & it seems like there was another one

Young Frankenstein made fun of all of the old Frankenstein movies (way too many to reference)

The Naked Gun .... i'm not sure why it is but it is found on several spoof movie lists http://www.epinions.com/mvie-topic-V...ity-Best-Spoof
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Thanks T .... See it takes an crusty ol' bastard to enlighten another crusty ol' bastard
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

I'll be adding this to my list.

BTW, sho, if you havent' seen "Top Secret!", you should. It's made by the guys that did Airplane, but was before Airplane. Starring Val Kilmer, it's a mock of all the old Elvis style movies, and it's fantastic.

Limited Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    you forgot Kentucky Fried Movie (which includes Big Jim, Fistful of Yen, etc etc) which by the way, Airplane was a part of the kentuky fried series.

i give Meet the Spartans 3 yams...and that's being generous
    Last edited by Nitro; 06-14-2008 at 04:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast