+ Reply to Thread

Thread: REC (Horror)

REC (Horror)

This horror movie is 2007y from Spain.
    Remake of this movie seems to be made in the US. (Title---Quarantine)

The characteristics of this movie are images with a handicap camera like a clover field. It gives fear with so much happening that you will have the illusion that you are being attacked.

Thanks to this movie, I felt fear, and I got very cold.....
    I suggest horror movie in hot summer.

4/5

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=OeaUokzE9fI
    Last edited by leon; 07-07-2008 at 02:37 AM.

What the-- !!!! Go Leon! Amen on this one, buddy. I didn't know you were into horror! [bows down]

[REC] is, in a word, brilliant! Best horror flick in eons. As Leon mentioned, this has indeed been labelled as the Cloverfield of horror flicks (i.e., everything you see is from the perspective of the camera operator). George Romero himself used this style with the recent abomination that was Diary of the Dead, but everything that film does wrong REC does right. Even the shaky crap is kept to a minimum. It is by far the best example of how to apply this method correctly. Even Cloverfield is left trailing.

It's best if you see it without knowing a thing more about it. Sure it's in spanish and subbed, but don't for a moment let that put you off. You really will only need the edge of your seat for this one, assuming you can remain seated at all... oh, and bring a bucket, because the final scenes will scare the peepee clean out of your pipes. [trickle]

To my knowledge they will not officially release [REC] in the States until the crappy "Quarantine" remake (which spoils the ENDING in the trailer! WTF!) hits cinemas. Do yourself a huge favour and avoid that version at all costs!

If you're any kind of fan of horror, make this the next thing you see. Then rush back here and help me finish this altar i've been building as an ode to the filmmakers.

+ Reply to Thread