+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Dark Knight

My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
    Good God, Jess! I man-love Val Kilmer as much as the next Willow fan, but that Batman Forever pic? How can i put this... The Dark Knight should never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever STAND THAT WAY!

Ever, ever, ever.

Birdcage 2, maybe. A Batman film? No...

P.S. Speaking of chiseled homo-eroticism , i stumbled across this. Old news, but it still amazes me. Bale is just nuts.

-P

rofl
    ¨ßãߥ¨†¨Gí®£¨

Xbox live: XxPRED4T0RxX rancid monkey's Avatar
    Saw this the other night and i have to say this is the best film ive seen in a very long time!

I'm annoyed that heath died as i'd love to see the joker in the next film.
    Comming into this film i was scared that people's opinions of his proformance were swayed by the fact that he had died, but he really was amazing.

One of my favourite moments wasthe "Wanna see a magic trick?" part.
    You want to look out for that part if you're yet to see the film.

Welcome to the drooling fold, Rancid! [bat-winged embrace]

Here's the current box-office Dark Knight figures from JoBlo.com and Latino Review. Why am i continuing to post these at all given my anti-list rants above? Hey man, i love this film! I've seen it 3 times. I'm just not ready to stop talking about it. Hell, i've even destroyed the high def pirate copy i made during my last IMAX visit. This thing deserves better!

WEEKEND BOX-OFFICE

#1 four weeks in a row!!!

Even though PINEAPPLE EXPRESS scored the biggest August Wednesday opening of all-time ($12M!!) and managed to average a greater amount per theater than THE DARK KNIGHT over this past weekend (TDK played in about 1,000 more theaters though), Batman and crew still managed to hang on to the #1 spot for the 4th weekend in a row, while at the same time, becoming the 3rd highest grossing movie of all-time behind TITANIC and STAR WARS. The last time a film managed to maintain the #1 spot for four weeks in a row, the year was 2003 and RETURN OF THE KING was the film. That movie did it during a much slower time of year, with nowhere near the competition "The Dark Knight" has faced during Hollywood's busy summer season.

"The Dark Knight" should surpass "Star Wars" to become No. 2 on the revenue chart by this coming weekend.

All together now...wow!!

Incidentally, for all those folks kvetching about "inflation" and its role in the greatest box-office movies of all-time, check out this inflation-adjusted list, which has GONE WITH THE WIND in 1st place, STAR WARS still in 2nd place and THE SOUND OF MUSIC in 3rd. Huh. THE DARK KNIGHT is currently ranked in 49th place on that list.

"The Dark Knight" would need to pull in about $900 million to match the number of tickets sold for "Titanic" and about $1.2 billion to equal "Star Wars."

Even so, "The Dark Knight" has far outdone even its studio's expectations. Dan Fellman, head of distribution for Warner Bros., said he would have been happy if the movie simply exceeded the $205 million domestic total of its predecessor, "Batman Begins."

It should top out at $510 million to $520 million, Fellman said.
    Last edited by Pathos; 08-11-2008 at 07:36 PM.

No update this week? Come on slacker...

Haha... hey, i'm back at work now. Give a guy a break! [poses beside Jesus Christ poster, the resemblance uncanny]

Here you go:

Tropic Thunder KO's The Dark Knight
    By Kellvin Chavez on August 17, 2008

It took four of Hollywood's biggest stars to take down Batman. The DreamWorks-Paramount comedy "Tropic Thunder" - with Ben Stiller, Robert Downey Jr., Jack Black and Tom Cruise - debuted at No. 1 with $26 million, bumping "The Dark Knight" to second place after four weekends on top.

The Warner Bros. Batman flick pulled in $16.8 million to raise its total to $471.5 million. "The Dark Knight" passed the original "Star Wars" ($461 million) and now stands as No. 2 on the all-time domestic charts, behind only "Titanic" ($600.8 million).

Taking inflation into account, "The Dark Knight" trails both movies in actual tickets sold, however. "The Dark Knight" would need to gross about $900 million to match the number of admissions for "Titanic" and about $1.2 billion to equal "Star Wars.

"The Dark Knight" managed to fend off another "Star Wars" movie this weekend. The animated tale "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," also released by Warner Bros., opened at No. 3 with $15.5 million.

Families made up two-thirds of the audience for "Clone Wars," Fellman said. "Star Wars" creator George Lucas, who has an executive producer credit on "Clone Wars," intended the movie as an introduction to his "Clone Wars" TV show debuting this fall on the Cartoon Network.

"Tropic Thunder" was the third R-rated comedy to open solidly in recent weeks, following "Pineapple Express" and "Step Brothers." Most summer comedies are rated PG-13, since an R rating limits the audience by requiring anyone younger than 17 to come with an adult.

And if you're wondering what this summer's TOP 10 highest grossing movie list looks like, wonder no more...

1. DARK KNIGHT: $471M
    2. IRON MAN: $317M
    3. INDIANA JONES 4: $315M
    4. HANCOCK: $225M
    5. WALL-E: $214M
    6. KUNG FU PANDA: $212M
    7. SEX AND THE CITY: $152M
    8. PRINCE CASPIAN: $141M
    9. THE INCREDIBLE HULK: $134M
    10. WANTED: $133M
    I've seen every movie on that list... except Wall-E which is still not bloody out in Australia! ARGH!

Word is Clone Wars is absolutely horrid. Hardly a surprise. I had free tickets and actually passed them up for another IMAX Dark Knight viewing.

I... i think i might have some kind of problem. [strokes little cardboard, homemade batty ears]
    Last edited by Pathos; 08-19-2008 at 02:41 AM.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Aw Batman beaten by a bunch of comedians.

"What happened.. Did your balls drop off? Hmm..."
    My Serious Sam Vids:
    Damnation - Frag
    You Wouldn't Believe - Trick

To my surprise I didn’t think Heath Ledger would play a good Joker but he did a wonderful job.

As for Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Gary Oldman they played their roll nicely.

The joker has always been the most formidable enemy for Batman because if you look back on the history it shows that the Joker was unpredictable and out of the ordinary of a sinister plan. This is what Heath Ledger was able to convince me of playing the joker and how well he performed his roll. The effects, script etc was nicely setup and I give it a 3 ½ stars and worth going to see it at the movie theaters.
    RIP my friend and in spirit.
    1982 - 2007 R.I.P. Mark a.k.a. Freestyler

My Mood
    Cool
    Saw it, was very good i like the actors and story but i can't say it was best Batman movie, for me is Batmans Returns still best, even though is 16 years old..

Mors certa, hora incerta.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234