+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hey guys...

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!! Suicidal's Avatar

Hey guys...

Tell me how bad I messed up. I bought just plain ol' TF2. When i was about to start again, the latency for every single server was 1500+

I had read the system requirements and I noticed I was clear above the minimum for each of them

well, except my processor is 1.8 GHz (minimum is 1.2). Is that why its lagging so bad? I would LIKE to hope not (im kidding myself), so is there some other way to bring the game to a playable state?
    Quote Originally Posted by ProvoCation View Post
    Secret Powa Of Suicidal Vegeta

My Mood
    Cool
    Hey Suicidal, my processor is also 1.8 GHz and my game is going well, i have in UK or France servers 60 latency or less. I hope some1 can help you , and see you soon in this great game!

Mors certa, hora incerta.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Sounds more like a conflict with the firewall. So I suggest u put ur firewall off first before you start the game.

You also might try to run ur own server to c what the trouble is.

Edit:
    Ping 1500+ during searching for servers or once you start playing the ping rises? (if so you might have to turn down some settings like dynamic lighting and AA etc.)
    Last edited by Wiper; 07-24-2008 at 09:51 AM.

I figured it out. I was trying to play at 2:00-3:00 in the morning, so I didn't realize my brother in the other room was DESTROYING the internet. i played today, and it seemed to be alright. (And when my brother got home, it wasn't running so smooth anymore).

Find me, CONVULSION MAN!!!

I'm having a problem with Steam now. All of a sudden it wont work, saying I don't have an internet connection, but obviously I do. Something tells me other people have had this problem before, so does anyone know of a fix to this?

The first time I hear DMZ I'll be convinced...

My Mood
    Fine
    I know I've read places that Steam has had issues like that. Just another reason why I H-A-T-E Steam and all things related to it.

I can't help you, but I'm betting Google can.

Good Luck.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- Bingo My Trade List

My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post
    I'm having a problem with Steam now. All of a sudden it wont work, saying I don't have an internet connection, but obviously I do. Something tells me other people have had this problem before, so does anyone know of a fix to this?

The first time I hear DMZ I'll be convinced...
    I don't know if you've managed to resolve this issue yet, but I had the same problem with my steam client. All you have to do is delete clientregistry.blob. Which can be found in your main Steam directory (usually C:/Program Files/Steam -or- C:/Steam.)
    My Serious Sam Vids:
    Damnation - Frag
    You Wouldn't Believe - Trick

Amazing. I looked high and low though the steam folder for something to do to fix it, annd I couldn't find it. Before I posted this, I spent an hour searching places with the problem, and they ALL said to turn off the demilitarized zone on the router. I'm glad I asked here...
    Thanks so much man, you saved me for this upcoming week of boredom. How did you happen to figure this out, by the way?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post
    Amazing. I looked high and low though the steam folder for something to do to fix it, annd I couldn't find it. Before I posted this, I spent an hour searching places with the problem, and they ALL said to turn off the demilitarized zone on the router. I'm glad I asked here...
    Thanks so much man, you saved me for this upcoming week of boredom. How did you happen to figure this out, by the way?
    I did a simple Google search and came across a forum which told me what file to delete.. My DMZ was off anyway and the problem occurred very sporadically so I figured something got messed up in my registry or in the steam folder.
    My Serious Sam Vids:
    Damnation - Frag
    You Wouldn't Believe - Trick

My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
    I know I've read places that Steam has had issues like that. Just another reason why I H-A-T-E Steam and all things related to it.
    w0rd

+ Reply to Thread