+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your preferred class

Your preferred class

Now that I've been playing this for a bit over a week, it's interesting to look at how much time I've spent on each class. I spend an overwhelming amount of time on the Sniper, Medic, and Soldier classes (in that order) and everything else is pretty weak.

I think I'm drawn to the sniper and soldier because each is sort of like the SS2 days (rocket whore and sniping). The medic on the other hand is very rewarding when you have the right team. Having played a cleric in DAOC, this fits my personality as well.

The achievements are fun to track as well. Rather than go to empty servers and "power level" them, I think I'm going to just play the game and enjoy the accolades as they come.

Anyways....having a blast. I'd like to hear others who enjoy the others classes and why.

My Mood
    Mellow
    I do like the spy class the most, I love the mental warfare (outsmart ur enemy). And almost never play as scout, sniper or pyro.

Spy, Medic and Soldier fits my personality the best (preferred gameplay)

Yet during class picking I look at what the team lacks. F.e. if I'm in a really weak team on defense I often pick the engineer to set up a good defense or demo using way too many stickies

But teaming (like the name of the game) influences the gameplay also. I had a game with Nom last week while I was a medic with the Kritzgun and he a soldier we fragged like 8 people in a row cuz Nom knows he shouldn't go suicidal/kamikaze. In regular games I barely use the kritz cuz it always ends up into a massacre for myself.

What most players don't realize is that the medic is probably the most important class on the field and not the heavy which he's supporting. Damn, I always smirk when I'm spy and hear an enemy medic saying "ubercharge ready"....the backstab is so nasty and you can't just hear them curse

The Electric Boogaloo He Is Legend's Avatar
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    The spy is deff my favorite.

I've mastered the skill of deceiving

Well my favourites at the moment are Spy,Sniper,Demo and Medic. I try to have the same time of playing with every character

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Marz View Post
    sniper. I personally enjoy shooting people in the face.
    Yeah it rocks

-P]|k|[S-

My Mood
    Mellow
    Most fun was I think in arena mode...me medic other heavy. I had the upgraded nail gun and kicked his ass

I have to admit that I really thought I would like the pyro. But I just haven't gotten into it yet. I feel so helpless when they are just out reach and generally I get blown up by the demos and soldiers.

My Mood
    Cool
    My favo are Medic, Pyro and Engineer!

Mors certa, hora incerta.

My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Engineer View Post
    I have to admit that I really thought I would like the pyro. But I just haven't gotten into it yet. I feel so helpless when they are just out reach and generally I get blown up by the demos and soldiers.
    Pyro are not really week class, wait until you get backburner with some good medic and uber you can burning all on your way..

My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Engineer View Post
    yeah you must be sneaky as a pyro.

Simple rules how I experience it (and remember...no one is defenseless )

Pyro > Demo (if he hasn't already stickies around)
    Pyro > Scout (if it's not in openfield)

Normal case:

Pyro < Heavy
    Pyro < Soldier

Sneakin' case:

Pyro > Heavy (if you catch him by surprise and stand close)
    Pyro > Soldier (if you have a good timing and catch him by surprise)

And remember, the pyro is a fast character ^^

My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiper View Post
    Most fun was I think in arena mode...me medic other heavy. I had the upgraded nail gun and kicked his ass
    hahaha yea is true, i like most when some pyro or demo atack me ( on open map) and i killed them with nail gun and shock them!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast