+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Day the Earth Stood Still

My Mood
    Devilish

The Day the Earth Stood Still

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970416/

Saw this last night. Walked into the theater with no idea what we were going to see, compromised on this flick.

Perfect roll for the monotone Keanu Reeves, and he was NOT the star of this film for all the Keanu haters.

This movie grabs your attention right away and holds it to the end.

Jaden Smith........ only part of the movie I didn't like.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Some people are like a slinky...
    not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

My Mood
    Innocent
    Hmmm, I really didn't expect this to be a good movie so I've pretty much ignored it. Now I'm having second thoughts and I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks Pure.

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure_Evil View Post
    Jaden Smith........ only part of the movie I didn't like.
    Yeah I wanted to pimpslap that little shit too!

I was expecting something big from this movie and didn't really get what I was expecting, but you do come away with the idea that I was watching a PSA ad and that we are really screwing up and need to change. I still advise seeing this because it's entertaining and the special effects are great. 7.5/10
    Last edited by FUS1ON; 01-04-2009 at 03:14 AM.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

[insert clever tag here] JIMINATOR's Avatar
    I liked it. keanu does a good job in roles where he plays an emotionless zombie. not great, but it was good.
    RIP Father.

My Mood
    Devilish
    If you're expecting fast paced, killer scenes, tons of action, this isn't it. Good story line with some great effects, some good acting, yep

Funny, it goes along with something I've been saying for years.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Some people are like a slinky...
    not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

If you have seen the one that was made in 1951 you would know and what pretty much to expect.

I will agree with Pure Evils opinion about this movie I could have not said it better.
    RIP my friend and in spirit.
    1982 - 2007 R.I.P. Mark a.k.a. Freestyler

My Mood
    Innocent
    I thought it was a good movie worth watching once. I have some issues with it, but I can't really talk about them without spoilers, so meh.

One thing I can agree on is that the kid was poorly cast and poorly played. I didn't like him when you weren't supoosed to like him, and I didn't like him when you were supposed to like him. He really added nothing to the plot except being an irritation and a distraction.

My Mood
    Cool
    Big disappointed for me(along good story),i won't watch this anymore.

Mors certa, hora incerta.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGANA View Post
    Big disappointed for me(along good story),i won't watch this anymore.
    The movie wasn't great but it was ok. I still like the old version better.

Sirc said it best it's a movie that you can only watch it once.

Now if you have at home what I have a 120" screen and Projector that supports Blu-ray and more, then I can tell you all this that you will never go to a movie theater again. heheheh
    Last edited by SASQUATCH; 01-12-2009 at 02:30 AM.
    RIP my friend and in spirit.
    1982 - 2007 R.I.P. Mark a.k.a. Freestyler

+ Reply to Thread