+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Apocalypto

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky

Apocalypto

Mel Gibson co-wrote and directed this movie back in '06, i'd never heard of it and figured wth i'll watch it just to pass the time and it turned out to be a really good movie with lots of action. Them Mayan mofos was some mean bastards. The quoted stuff below sounds sappy, but rent this for sure. It's got some gore and plenty of violence so it's not be for the kids.

There is one part where a snake bites one of the Mayans and he is doomed, I got a kick out of what the other Mayans say about him.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472043/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkDm5g-Le7w

Set in the Mayan civilization, when a man's idyllic presence is brutally disrupted by a violent invading force, he is taken on a perilous journey to a world ruled by fear and oppression where a harrowing end awaits him. Through a twist of fate and spurred by the power of his love for his woman and his family he will make a desperate break to return home and to ultimately save his way of life.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

Mayan was a very interesting culture and I believe they were advance during their time. They were very traditional about their belief and most would consider barbaric and cruel but there knowledge was amazing during that time. As far as them being cruel, so were the Spanish who came and turn their life toward the Christianity, which to me was barbaric as well by killing them and thinking if they couldn’t convert, they would consider them, evil. The Christian church and their followers destroyed many of the historical written and items, including burning down some of the historical monuments and etc. Because of what they did many of the archaeologist and other scientist have had difficult times to learn more about their advance civilization during that time.

Don’t forget the Spanish Inquisition, and during the Crusades and even today. Now, it’s a-bit more as most consider complex as primitive savagery but yet pretty much the same but in a more convoluting way.

The movie was done well and I enjoyed the movie very much and yes it was cruel in what they did long ago but I only wish they would have gotten into more detail about how they done many interesting and amazing things during that time.
    RIP my friend and in spirit.
    1982 - 2007 R.I.P. Mark a.k.a. Freestyler

We rented it when it first came out and and really enjoyed this movie. Highly recommend it.

Good movie

+ Reply to Thread