+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Still Actually Play?

My Mood
    Pensive

Does Anyone Still Actually Play?

Ok so I've been regularly checking the LE server and it seems no one EVER plays. It's been about 2 months since I last played a game of ssam, which doesn't count me idling in the server until someone joins.

It's never been this dead. Or are people just not playing on our server which IMO is the best one for US players. Seems like ssam has really taken a dive and what I thought would never happen...did. Serious Sam is no more!

...So what else are people playing?

I recently got Killing Floor on Steam, which is similar to L4D. It's fun and cooperative.
    My Serious Sam Vids:
    Damnation - Frag
    You Wouldn't Believe - Trick

[insert clever tag here] JIMINATOR's Avatar
    Do you have L4D? I tried killing floor but did not really like it. I suppose I might if I spent more time developing a class. Just seems a little pointless, ie: go somewhere and survive as long as possible. L4D has more clearly defined goals, also playing VS is a blast. Or at least it was, I stopped playing when the annoyance factor became > than the fun factor, but finding a good group to play with would probably solve that.
    RIP Father.

My Mood
    Cool
    a lot of new coop, versus and survival maps are aviable for download on www.l4dmaps.com, did u tried some?

Mors certa, hora incerta.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Killing floor...deleted it after 1 hour. I rarely put hands on boring games like that and I'm glad about that (nothing like L4D btw)

Awesomeness about L4D is that you really need the other players to survive and ur forced to work together or die alone. If you take an objective look at it you realise they didn't re-invent the wheel though what they did to is make the best wheel for that ground (AI director is the most supporting in it).

Like Jim said the Versus is fun though ragequiting by the losing team often finishes the game before it started so not really a competatively driven game.

Back to topic: Indeed find a new game or hope SShd will be better than SS2
    Last edited by Wiper; 07-31-2009 at 09:26 PM.

[insert clever tag here] JIMINATOR's Avatar
    I think those will be fun SP games, or maybe coop, but I would not expect anything more. good MP is hard to do, in L4D it is easy, player gets the benefit of the doubt vs the zombies, for MP that doesn't work so well. lag compensation = low ping penalty. L4D = great game with good people. My last try was last week, finished a round as survivors, then as SI the opposing team split up and died in the bottom of NM4. Waste of time there....
    RIP Father.

My Mood
    Pensive
    You just have to be patient and spend time with Killing Floor. I was considering getting L4D, I have it for 360 and it's a bit too repetitive and gets boring. Killing Floor has arena-style gameplay where it's more chaotic and random.

What I REALLY want is a competitive game like Serious Sam fragmatch with a decent community and where I don't have to spend a ridiculous amount of time playing just to become a decent player.
    My Serious Sam Vids:
    Damnation - Frag
    You Wouldn't Believe - Trick

now I'm still playing sometimes but like most other players mostly play noobzland and gamezone only core cuz LE server gives me pretty bad ping and bad connection

The Electric Boogaloo He Is Legend's Avatar
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiper View Post
    Killing floor...deleted it after 1 hour. I rarely put hands on boring games like that and I'm glad about that
    How is killing floor boring? explain

and also, L4D is fun, but is way too repetative..same shit over and over and over, Killing Floor actually has a point to the game. level up your perks and be useful to your team, and with 6 Perks and LOADS of custom maps that allow you to still level up. where can you go wrong with killing floor?

Wiper you need to spend more time on this game and develop a better opinion, cause yours is terrible /:

Quote Originally Posted by EXEcution View Post
    Ok so I've been regularly checking the LE server and it seems no one EVER plays. It's been about 2 months since I last played a game of ssam, which doesn't count me idling in the server until someone joins.

It's never been this dead. Or are people just not playing on our server which IMO is the best one for US players. Seems like ssam has really taken a dive and what I thought would never happen...did. Serious Sam is no more!

...So what else are people playing?

I recently got Killing Floor on Steam, which is similar to L4D. It's fun and cooperative.
    Gears of war 2
    UFC undisputed
    Halo 3

to name a few... all xbox live.

yo asian you got cod4 for live?

add me:

unclearblackout

and btw yes i still play sam a lot

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast