+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: avatar - james cameron

outstanding technology
    I like how the story is made, but not the actual message

Damnit Jim, how dare you not give this thread the capitalization's it so richly deserves!

I went and saw this thing four times in 3D. Hell even my mom went and saw it, and she hasn't visited a cinemaplex since What Becomes of the Broken Hearted hit screens over 10 long years ago. And when they shamelessly release the extended cut for a further cash grab, well... it's a good thing blue is my favourite colour.

A plethora of script and story problems meant it wasn't the best movie of the year for me (french kisses to District 9), but it was certainly my favourite! The Lourdes to my crippled sense of wonder. [martyrs self]

Limited Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
    Damnit Jim, how dare you not give this thread the capitalization's it so richly deserves!

A plethora of script and story problems meant it wasn't the best movie of the year for me (french kisses to District 9), but it was certainly my favourite! The Lourdes to my crippled sense of wonder. [martyrs self]
    Avatar has been in the making long before District 9...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Avatar has been in the making long before District 9...
    Oh absolutely, however that's not really relevant to my feelings on it. In fact, if it were, given how long it has been in development, it would transform it's little story hiccups into more of a giant burp, and I really would be forced to come down on the thing.

As it is, I love this flick as if I were a child again... you know, simple love! Unconditional. No dissection needed, wanted or at all necessary (the polar opposite to D9). And a movie hasn't generated that kinda feeling from me in a good while. If I had any say in the matter, I would prefer all my movies delivered in this manner.

Perhaps the secret is to never grow up. Good thing I only ever made it halfway to adulthood.

Limited Edition
    <3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123