+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa

My Mood
    Aggressive

2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa

Hey All

As You All May Be Aware The 2010 World Cup Is Taking Place Soon In South Africa 67 Days 7Hours And 51Mins To Be Precise, I would Love To Have Been Able To Travel Out There But As You Know Its Not As Easy As It Sounds, Is Anybody Going There?.

Any Predictions Who Will Win?? I Am Hoping For England As It Is My Home Nation, And We Have An Awesome Team This Year.

Hope My Home Team Takes It

Come On Englandddddd !!!!!

Only God Can Judge Me.

ripper my new best friend! [builds a tree-house with you equipped with satellite TV]

I'm so blue-balled over this I've installed an app on my itouch to count the days down for me. I know, I know, that's as silly as drinking beer from the holy grail, but this is the World frickin' Cup! You know, the real one.

Anyway, for me it's Argentina all the way, baby! Who didn't see that one coming?! [patriotic cheer] And yes, that's despite the complete ineptitude of Diego "I'm so round now I could come on as a replacement for the ball" Maradona. The man has absolutely no idea how to manage a simple coke habit, much less a football team, so naturally I figure this could only end well! See, we've had a great run of coaches in the recent past, with a consistently great generation of players, all of whom failed miserably with lousy excuses equating to little more than an AYE CARUMBA... so do the math on that, and Diego the nutter could really pull it off this time! Maybe doing everything wrong will actually work!? There's logic there. There has to be! [hysterical cheer]

England have a great thing going, not least of which is their confidence, though I pray Rooney remains healthy or even Capello's considerably savvy may prove insufficient. Much like my beloved Argentina, they somehow manage to always shoot themselves in the foot.

Spain are awesome, and should win, which of course totally means they will not. Such is the fate of the favourites tag.

One of the African teams will hopefully reach the quarters, hell maybe even the semi's, though looking at the draw there's a frighteningly good chance they could all fail at the first hurdle... that would be a real shame.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    ohh yes Argentina are always full of suprises, i would never count them out of coming away with something,

and yes it would be nice to see one of the african teams goin far into the competition

Only God Can Judge Me.

My Mood
    Lurking
    England will free fall from the competition around the quarter final stage if we are lucky. Wouldn't surprise me if we went out even at group stage. Sounds very pessimistic I know but 40 years of seeing them fail to reach their potential has this affect on me.

Brazil, Spain or Italy will win it
    ....Too fast to live, too young to die....

....In Hiding.....

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Goalkeeper

Joe Hart
    Robert Green
    David James
    Defender

Glen Johnson
    Stephen Warnock
    Jamie Carragher
    Ledley King
    Rio Ferdinand
    John Terry
    Matthew Upson
    Ashley Cole
    Midfielder

Aaron Lennon
    James Milner
    Shaun Wright-Phillips
    Steven Gerrard
    Joe Cole
    Michael Carrick
    Frank Lampard
    Gareth Barry
    Striker

Wayne Rooney
    Jermain Defoe
    Emile Heskey
    Peter Crouch

englands 23man squad, theres a couple here i fort shouldnt be goin, fo 1 idont think garath barry should be goin, YES hes a great player but ligament damage cant be healed this quickly, therefore all it takes is a little knock here and there on the ankle and he'll be out for the rest of the tournament, ledley king also a good player, but with his knee thats a big risk aswel, scott parker should be going hes an awesome player,
    what do you all think your chances are?

Only God Can Judge Me.

Well thank goodness Rio and King are injured! I was getting worried for a moment there. I mean, what's an England World Cup team/dream without a major injury crisis or two? What on earth would the papers gabber on about? (Well, besides Maradona promising to run naked around national monuments.) If England ever took a fully fit squad, the nation would basically lose its football identity.

I for one am still haunted by images of 2002, and Beckham's stunted toe plastered over the front page of every newspaper known to man. Not everything about that guy is beautiful! Of course, this has now been replaced by images of Becks pouting on the sidelines and looking extra broody... and the man's not even playing!

Pity Heskey never seems to be injured.

Oh, for those new to the World Cup, here is an important link. Also, if you're a fellow podcaster, i'd highly recommend you look up "The Football Ramble" on itunes. Very funny and fun buncha fellows!

Anyway, having watched every damn game thus far, here's to hoping the second round of matches picks up the pace somewhat.

Vamos Argentina carajo! [celebratory belly slide]

Last edited by Pathos; 06-16-2010 at 10:25 PM.

My Mood
    Lurking
    I don't care who wins the cup as long as it isn't Brazil ( imho too arrogant) and Netherlands ....

From what i saw so far there weren't many games worth watching....

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    We (USA) had a good comeback today and that @#$%& ref blew the call on a 3rd goal costing us the win. :/
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

My Mood
    Lurking
    Noone really understands why your 3rd goal didn't count. If he had to blow his whistle he had to give you guys at least 3 or 4 penalties in that scene.

And England doesn't seem to find their game. Omg was that a bad game yesterday. And i won't even comment on the ref in the german game........
    Last edited by Sauron; 06-19-2010 at 01:41 PM.

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    That ref's screw up may end up being a good thing in disguise, hopefully it will fire up the guys to whip some ass. Things are really tight in Group C, I hate that our cousins from across the pond are in our group, maybe we can both transfer.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast