+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New things

Administrator
    My Mood
    Blah

Cool New things

There are a bunch of new things on the forums, that I can't list them all. As I am trying to get everything back and to make it better, I am having to install some things as well (mostly updating mods so they work with V4 of the forums). I will try to keep this list up to date of some new features that might interest you.

-new version of the shout box, as well as it has more options
    -installed a different chatbox, one that you can adjust the size of the font, for easier viewing
    -some new BBcode
    ---> highlighted code it's the image when you are typing a post in advanced mode, in pop up box, type in the color you want mmm green!!
    ---> strike through use the button, or you can use (-) text (/-) code, just replace ( ) with [ ] (funny, this is so I can keep notes and cross stuff off my to do list, that's where the custom BBcode all came from
    ---> added youtube bbcode, you can type (youtube)theurl extension, such as EtGQgSY9Nn4 (/youtube) and your vid will appear right in your post; replace ( ) with [ ]

There is a new skin for your using, that's must easier on the eyes. You can select this in the lower left hand corner of the forums, in the dropdown menu, select Dakrness 6.4 or click here and near the bottom, at Forum skin, you can select your choice as well

Another skin has been added, Dark Green. This is much easier on the eyes, and fixes a few issues with the color selection on the chatbox, that's an issue on the darkness skin

-Fixed an issue with the format of the first post of a thread where it wouldn't stretch to the edge of the page, but after the first post, it would.

-added some forum stats, at the bottom of the forums

-added "My Mood" mod, editable from the nav bar above

-added Tapatalk support for mobile devices -> www.tapatalk.com

Again, this is just a start and I will try to update it as things are added. Of course there are a ton of new features from V4 of the forum software (some are disabled till things are straightened out).

If you know of something that you would like added or see, please post them and will see what can be done.
    Last edited by Grimmy; 06-09-2010 at 04:26 PM.

The Electric Boogaloo He Is Legend's Avatar
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    The new shiz is awesome!

My Mood
    Fine
    Again I say, Grimmy is absolutely The Man!
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- Bingo My Trade List

How do I go about changing the style/theme/whatever it's called of the forum. This one...hurts my eyes.

More specifically, is there one that's the same as the old one, or similar, and if so, what is it called? Thanks

Administrator
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by BobtheCkroach View Post
    How do I go about changing the style/theme/whatever it's called of the forum. This one...hurts my eyes.

More specifically, is there one that's the same as the old one, or similar, and if so, what is it called? Thanks
    Bob, you can't. During the upgrade from version 3 to version 4, we lost pretty much everything, cause it wouldn't convert. I wanted to keep atleast one of them, but when I looked at it, it looked like someone threw it in a blender and stuff was all over the place. Maybe when I get home tonight, I will look for something that is easier on the eyes for a temp solution. There are a few out there but the ones I looked at didn't sit well with me, I didn't like how they looked. Feel free to browse here and if you find something you like, post the link to it and I will see what I can do, or atleast add it to my to do list.

I found one that is easier on the eyes. I will try to get it loaded tonight, as I put it high on my to do list.
    Last edited by Grimmy; 05-25-2010 at 04:55 PM.

The Electric Boogaloo He Is Legend's Avatar
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    You should grab a handful of them so we could have choices on what looks the best

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231670

^that one is pretty sick
    Last edited by He Is Legend; 05-24-2010 at 11:58 PM.

Administrator
    My Mood
    Blah
    Done, just added that one tonight. I know the logo is borked, but I am trying to get someone that's better with that stuff to work on it I'm open to some different designs, make one and it might get used

Quote Originally Posted by He Is Legend View Post
    You should grab a handful of them so we could have choices on what looks the best

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231670

^that one is pretty sick

Limited Edition
    forum skin: darkness 6.4 looks the best so far!!!

My Mood
    Bored
    Awesome work Grimmy

Administrator
    My Mood
    Blah
    Bump for another skin added, Dark Green is the name of it. Check it out and let me know what you think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast