+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Site Down Often

Site Down Often

Is it just me or is the site down pretty often these days? About half the time that I try to visit I get an error stating that the web host is down.

My Mood
    Fine
    I've not seen that once since we made the switch.

Can you give some more details about when and maybe screenshot of the error you're seeing?

I'm also not seeing anything when looking through logs, so anything you can provide would be great!

Sorry to hear you're having any troubles. Anyone else?
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- Bingo My Trade List

No issues here.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- Dan2

When Darkness Falls the Knight Rises

Here's a couple of examples (see attached screenshots)

EDIT: Ugh on the pic shrinkage. Someone give me an email address and I'll shoot them your way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg‎
Views:	41
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	24787   Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled2.jpg‎
Views:	38
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	24788  
    Last edited by Death Engineer; 08-11-2010 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Pic shrinkage

This problem seems to be getting worse for me. I check gamemecca every day or 2. The last time I was able to connect (before now) was nearly 2 weeks ago due to this issue. Seems like some kind of DNS issue. Can someone confirm the IP address for gamemecca.net? If it's just a DNS issue and the IP doesn't change much, I'll just put the entry in my hosts file so that it won't ever fail using DNS.

My Mood
    Fine
    I'm really sorry to hear you are still having these problems. I'll also ask some of our network engineers at work if they have any idea what can be causing this. For what it's worth, I check the site usually 3 times a day and have yet to have that problem.

For an IP - try 75.127.110.6 and see if that helps.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- Bingo My Trade List

Administrator
    My Mood
    Blah
    I know i used to have these problems when using chrome. Not sure if it's chrome related, but it would happen on one computer but I'd try on another, and some times it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. Not sure what's going on.

This is on FF3.6, but I've tried it on Chrome and IE (gag) when I have the problem, and it fails on all 3. I'll keep trying things to see what I can figure out. It's not like I'm on a small ISP (RoadRunner) or that I'm using a sorry DNS service (OpenDNS). Thanks for trying.

+ Reply to Thread