+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar 2011

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    I didn't know you were posting in here or I would have posted, that RSS feed covers it up. :/

I didn't care for the Shootout aka The Trailer Race last night, that sucked but NASCAR racing is like sex, none of it is bad, it's just that some of it is better than others. I'll be glad for them to get to Phoenix were the REAL racing begins.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

CF
    Planet Earth, Sol System, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    Phoenix does provide some interesting racing at times. I love Daytona, though I wonder what the racing will be like come Sunday, whether it will be just like the Shootout was or different. Michigan still has some real hot action there, but unfortunately I'm not going to MIS this year. A friend from my church has been encouraging me to go to Bristol.

Did i read somewhere they're going to turn Phoenix into another cookie cutter track? That would suck.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- Dan2

When Darkness Falls the Knight Rises

CF
    I agree Dan. Phoenix is just fine the way it is, and I think turning it into a cookie cutter track would take away a lot of the excitement.

Administrator
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    I heard they plan to use progressive banking though so that ought to help, It sure helped at Homestead. They won't be happy until they take all the character or uniqueness out of the tracks ... The dogleg @ Phoenix, the rough surface @ Darlington, the backstretch dips @ Daytona, etc .... having to deal with those things force the better drivers/teams to come to the top.
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- FUS1ON

CF
    The Gatorade Duel is just minutes away from getting underway at Daytona. These twin races will set the field for Sunday's Daytona 500. Yesterday, a multi-car crash in practice destroyed the pole-winning car of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Other drivers involved included Martin Truex Jr. and Denny Hamlin. Junior will have to start at the back of the field in a backup car today and on Sunday, however he keeps his status as Coors Lite Pole Award winner, and still has 10 poles in his career stats. In each race, two drivers in the "go or go home" category will be able to race their way into the 500. Both Duel races will cover 60 laps, or 150 miles, for a combined total of 300 miles. And we'll see if NASCAR's efforts to slow the cars down end up helping or hurting the racing.

EDIT: Kurt Busch has won race #1 in the #22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge for Penske Racing. No driver has ever won the Budweiser Shootout, the Duel, and the Daytona 500 all in the same season. Busch has a shot at doing just that, if he wins on Sunday. Waiting now for race #2 to get underway. Jeff Gordon will lead the field down in that race. Kyle Busch, Trevor Bayne, Brad Keselowski are among some of the other drivers in that race.

Jeff Burton wins the second Duel race by 0.005 seconds ahead of his teammate Clint Bowyer, as a last-lap crash occurs coming to the checkered flag that takes Trevor Bayne out. Brain Keselowski joins his brother Brad in the Daytona 500.
    Last edited by TheMaster; 02-17-2011 at 10:13 PM.

CF
    The Daytona 500 is in progress, but I must make this post because already some big name drivers have already had trouble. Lap five, Kyle Busch spun into the grass and sustained some front end damage after Michael Waltrip got into the back of him. Not long later, Kevin Harvick's engine blew out ending his chances at a second 500 victory. But only a few moments ago the big one came out after Waltrip and David Reutimann had contact. 15 cars total were involved, including rookie driver Brian Keselowski, and three of the Hendrick drivers, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, and Mark Martin. Johnson has re-entered the race. Former series champion Terry Labonte is the current leader.

CF
    Trevor Bayne has won the Daytona 500 in the #21 Motorcraft Ford for Wood Brothers Racing!! Bayne, a rookie in the Sprint Cup Series, made his second career start today, and his first in the 500. He now beats Jeff Gordon's old record as the youngest driver to win the Great American Race, having turned 20 yesterday. His win now makes Bayne eligible for the All-Star Race at Charlotte later in the year.

In the other races held, Michael Waltrip took the win in the Camping World Truck Series, and Clay Rogers leads the standings there. And in yesterday's Nationwide Series race, Tony Stewart one the race for the fourth time in a row, and Landon Cassill is the points leader.

EDIT: Trevor Bayne received no points during the race today. The points lead is held by Carl Edwards.
    Last edited by TheMaster; 02-20-2011 at 11:54 PM.

CF
    The Subway Fresh Fit 500 at Phoenix International Raceway is under the red flag following a 13 car crash. Brian Vickers, Clint Bowyer, Jeff Burton, Regan Smith are among the drivers involved. Kurt Busch is leading.

CF
    Jeff Gordon has won the Subway Fresh Fit 500! It is his first victory in 66 races, and his 83rd in Cup competition. He beat Kyle Busch, who won the Truck and Nationwide races, to the line in the final stages.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast