+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Father passed away last week

Administrator
    My Mood
    Blah
    Sorry to hear that Jim. My condolences to you and your family.

My Mood
    Twisted
    So Sorry For Your Loss Jim, Thoughts And prayers R with You ........

"COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAY"

I was so sorry to hear of your dad. Jim.

What a loss for you and the family.

Please accept my deepest condolences.

it’s almost impossible to accept what we can not change but only to remember the beautiful moments we have had with our family members and friends. The one thing I have learn over the years was to be able to harness the love and the beautiful moments we spend with our love ones and friends and always keep them in our hearts and minds.

Jim, I do hope the very best for you and the family and that what we could have done better is what makes it even more of a reason to accomplish our task in this world we live in, with hopes of always remembering the beautiful moments of our love ones.

Sad news doesn’t always prepare us but it does at times gives us the motivation to make things better and to recognizing the importance of family and friends.

Jim, you are good and smart man and I know that as time passes, it will leave a sense of peace and private wonderful memories of your father when you begin to spend time alone in thoughts.

Peace to you and to your family, and most of all to your father, may he now rest in peace.

PS - Beautiful picture of the family together Jim. Thank you for sharing it to us.

SAS
    RIP my friend and in spirit.
    1982 - 2007 R.I.P. Mark a.k.a. Freestyler

My Mood
    Fine
    Jim -

I'm really REALLY sorry to hear that. I went through some crazy health issues with my own dad the last few months of last year. Bad enough that for a week or so we were pretty sure he wasn't going to make it. Even had the whole 'I know I've not been a good father to you' spiel from him. I know how insanely tough that was for me to deal with but ultimately we got him back.

So I can really feel for you. I know how hard it was to think of him not being around but I'm sure it's not as tough as actually having it happen.

If you need anything man, just say the word.

Take care,

B
    -=(OUTLAWS)=- Bingo My Trade List

[insert clever tag here] JIMINATOR's Avatar
    Thanks all for your comments, they are appreciated. My dad did live a pretty full life. He went out really suddenly. Probably doctor error. Can't dwell on it, life has to go on. Biggest impact on my mother, but she always was a tremendously strong willed person. Hope she is able to see some great grandkids. I'm making a lot of long overdue changes for myself. My daughter is off to college in fall, house will be much emptier. I take it all as an opportunity to forge some better relationships with the rest of the family.
    RIP Father.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Jimmy, I just stumbled upon this thread. I noticed your R.I.P. at the bottom of your post yesterday and wasn't sure if that was always there or it was news I missed a while ago. To say the least, I am really very sorry for your loss and your familys loss. You know it's times like this we have to sit back and wonder what the hell are the right words to say. I still don't know but offer you my friendship and heart as you did to me. If I can offer you or anyone any advice when it comes to death, it would be try to remember those things that those who passed put into you for the good. I am sure you have so many memories with your Dad it can be overwhelming but if you think about those personal things that you carried over and learned from your Dad and automatically teach on your children, you will understand what I mean. That spirit will always be with you. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know.

Man, I'm sorry Jiminator. That's horrible. The part where you said, "after the procedure he said that he felt dead, died in my mothers arms," really moved me. .. ..

And about wasting all that "time" while your daughter was growing up, I think everyone feels that way to a certain degree. The best thing you can do, try to be more present now, (I'm in the same boat). Wake up calls are a rarity and changes almost an impossibility. And.. I mean, I'm not saying you need to change your life, but we should all be more "positively present."

Hope your okay though.
    Last edited by merkwannabe; 05-09-2011 at 08:27 AM.

[insert clever tag here] JIMINATOR's Avatar
    Thanks Merk. I am fine. Made some changes. A lot actually. My mom is having the hardest time. What really strikes me is how fast time flies as you get older. You might have kids, they will be in diapers one day, next thing you know, they are graduating. Lot of truth to the saying life every day as if it may be your last.
    RIP Father.

All I wanted was a Pepsi NightBreed's Avatar
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMINATOR View Post
    What really strikes me is how fast time flies as you get older. You might have kids, they will be in diapers one day, next thing you know, they are graduating. Lot of truth to the saying life every day as if it may be your last.
    Wow, ain't that the truth..

It was just yesterday I was holding my two sons in my arms, today one's in college and the other a senior in high school..Been a good run, but time flies...
    Be American, Buy American !!

I CELERITER TEMPUS DEFICIT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast