+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hotmail/Live account

My Mood
    Twisted

Hotmail/Live account

How many of you have one and if so how often do you use it or messenger? What features do you like about it most?

Administrator
    My Mood
    Blah
    I let mine expire and no longer use/have one. I hated how messenger was implemented into windows and was a pain in the ass! I use gmail and have a spam yahoo account for all my spam mail to go to.

I don't have messenger installed, I rather use the instant messaging service offered from hotmail website. It's like messenger but I don't have to install it on pc, that's pretty much cool. I use it almost daily to chat with phantom and some other SS buddies to organize games

My Mood
    Twisted
    Well the instant messanger has been revamped but I don't use it too much. There is a lot more to the live account most people don't even know about. I blame Microsoft for not advertising or showing people exactly what they have to offer. It blows Google mail away because of the features that work with your operating system. These features will take a better role in Windows 8.

If you have a hotmail account or had one, your log on should still work, I would suggest setting up your skycloud account. This works simply and allows you to get 7 gigs of free space. It's simple and allows you to create shares, open and edit all office documents from any where. Want to share pictures with some people, it's simple and secure. The nice thing is you can also use Windows Live Mesh on each of your computers or one of them and it allow syou to sync any folders you want so if you log on to a computer that's not yours, it can be like you are working on yours. Skype also is now owned by Microsoft also so you can utilize that as well. You can have all email accounts you own working withing your live account. If you need more cloud space, it's very cheap compared to the competition.

If you own a smart phone, there is an app called skydrive that's available for all platforms. Iphone, Droid all work well with it. Simple to snap a few pictures and send them to your cloud.

The Beauty of it is....It's all free.

Administrator
    My Mood
    Blah
    I been using gtalk since I got a smart phone, and have just started using some of Google's drive, for my PDF manual on my power sport toys. I hardly share anything, since I am not on any social networks what so ever, and intend to stay away from them. I guess I just like Google's services since I been using them for a while and used to them, that I would rather not try anything new. I think I have like 10G of space on Drive, and I know I have a bunch in my email as well. Google just makes my life easier, as I've had my run ins with Microsoft. I will say it's better then Apple though, cause I just don't like Apple. Oranges are way better!

My Mood
    Twisted
    I tried Google and somethings are very similiar in their services but even with their products, I've learned it is very sloppy. I respect open source to a point but truth a lot of it is garbage or done sloppy. While I think Google was a great competitor to Apple at a specific time, it is their practices that I don't like. The thing about Google is they are extremly crooked. That can be said of Microsoft right? That isn't entirely true. Google owns all of your what ever you use with them. To me a company that got populare just by having some sort of advanced search page warns me of who they actually are. Microsoft...We know who they are and no matter what anyone says about them, they have great products. I hate when people discuss Apple and Microsoft in comparison. Microsoft makes software, Apple sells hardware. This is what makes Apple's products as good as they are. They don't have other companies/oems building junk for them to give their Operating system a bad name.

As far as what is coming out from Microsoft and what they actually have out available right now is good stuff. They don't tell people about it and I have asked manypeople if they had a live account and they still refer it to the old messenger and hotmail way which it is not. I am not a fan of anything unless I tested it and I would suggest some of you to look into the services. I also am not biased to say its better because I like it. I have used competing services and there is no competition to quality and price.

+ Reply to Thread