+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Serious Tournament Mod (BOTS) - RELEASE

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Sleepy

Serious Tournament Mod (BOTS) - RELEASE

Ok people, we're glad to let you know that after more than a year of developing we finally present the first public release of a new long-awaited mod for the classic SS: TSE ... Right, the Serious Tournament Mod is here and now !

First of all let me introduce all the developers of this mod !
    • Troy - the main developer, programmer and creator of the mod, the true father of bots, mapper, designer, I'd even say: the god and the magician
    • Fast Leo - he was helping to Troy with programming and ideas for some time, he was the second main developer of its first (1.05) alpha version
    • Zeo - made all the paths for bots on 90 % of maps, mapper, designer, video trailers producer

Other people who somehow was a part of developers:
    • VITEK - loading screen
    • Destroyer - the Night Town map
    • H.a.r.o.n. aka #Rivenstyle - maps Midnight, Trayus Academy
    • ZombieZI, LevC, Rakanishu, Speedmeister, Xavier and much others whose names I can't know - different maps
    • Croteam - all the standart maps and our lovely game for sure
    • Phenomenon - he helped with creating some tags for bots
    • And all the others who ever was a beta-testier of it (I won't say who)

The main features of this modification:
    • Absolutely new and amazing bots from the master Troy which are not worse their "friends" from, let's say, Quake 3
    • 7 new game modes: Team DeathMatch, Last Hero, Team Last Hero, Capture The Flag, Domination, King Of The Hill и SkullHold ! Read below to learn more
    • 40 maps which were made for bots on different game modes, it contains almost all the standard SS: SE maps, also there are some new maps which were made specially for this mod; also you'll see some famous community maps, some HD maps, some from Revolution and even from the Warped mode !
    • 26 in-game achievements. Kill you opponent for a few time in a row, make a midair frag or get the super armor when it respawned - you'll get achievemnt and you'll see it !
    • Useful options - you can disable or enable pupses, disable or enable pro-mode (when it's enabled there is no 200/200 supers and no cannon), enable "infinity blood" option and blood with meat won't fade away !
    • Autoadding (by pressing "Y") or addition of any of number of bots for a certain team ("B" for blue team or "R" for read team): you can play as well as 4x4 or 1x6 - for adrenaline lovers !
    • Its own version of a freecam (alpha version) which activates by pressing "Space", other controls you can view by checking Controls\Observer\FreeCam.ctl file

Game modes description:
    • Team Deathmatch - the classic mode as it is ! You play for Blue or Read team, you can leave your team and join another (Z & X by default), you can play with teamfire or without it; available on the all deathmatch maps
    • Last Hero - almost the same as fragmatch, but you have ... only one life ! Yeah, if you die you lose, the one who's the only who stays alive, is a winner. Players have 150 % of HP by default. For a long game we recommend to play or easy or even tourist diff, but if you're andrenaline lover you must try hard or serious ! Available on all deathmatch maps.
    • Team Last Hero - the same thing and Last Hero, but there are two teams just as in TDM mode. By the way, try to play on serious diff alone vs 6-8 bots to feel all the hardcorness ! Play accurate & stay alive.
    • Capture The Flag - one more classic online FPS's mode which is lovely by people. Available on 9 special maps, some of them you've never seen before. There's no flags limit in options atm so we recommend to set some time limit.
    • SkullHold (ex-OddBall from 1.05 alpha version) - an all-vs-all mode where you should hold an object (Skull) for longer time than others ! The one who first holded the skull for 15 mins is a winner. This mode is available to play on all deathmatch maps and on one exclusive for this mode map.
    • King Of The Hill - an all-vs-all mode where you should control different zones ("hills") which are changing from the first to the next, then to the 3rd and so on. The one who controlled zones for 15 mins is a winner. This mode is available to play on some deathmatch maps and on some new.
    • Domination - pretty close to KOTH mode, but this mode is based on teamplaying. There are few zones, two teams and 300 points limit. Every team starts with 150 points. The team which is controlling more zones is getting points (while other team is losing it), the first team which gets 300 points, wins ! This mode is available to play on some deathmatch maps, few ctf and one exclusive for this & KOTH mode map.

For stable fps whilst playing with bots it's recommended to play on at least such a configuration as:
    • 2-cored CPU from Intel (Pentium, Core 2 Duo or Intel Core i3) or similar from AMD, not lower than 2 GHz
    • 2 gigabytes of RAM
    • The clean game Serious Sam: The Second Encounter - 1.07 version (steam version is ok)
    • The mode is guaranteed to work on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8

Some features and recommendations. READ MUST !!!
    • The mod is currently unstable in the network, and for now it's impossible to play with bots online !
    • There are crashes & freezes for a few seconds. Believe me, it was happening much more often before and Troy did a huge job to fix most of it, but it's still unstable (for someone more, for someone less); sometimes you can play the full round, sometimes it can crash after 5 mins, rarely it even crash whilst adding bots. Patches will come !
    • There are some maps (I've optimized it as much as I could, it had like 5 fps with any couple of bots originally when it was created) where you won't have much FPS while playing with bots, for an example, we don't recommend to play more than 5x5 on CTF | Night Town, on CTF | Midnight 3x3 or 2x2 is perfect (the map is small so you won't want to play 4x4 and so on), and DM | Beyond can be played smooth only with 2 bots because architecture of this map was created in 3D Max.
    • Mod can crash really fast when using "Exclusive weapon". It was okay in some beta-releases before, but now it works really unstable especially if you add much bots.
    • Architecture of some maps has been simplified. For an example, in the current mod's version bots lose orientation in rooms with unusual gravitation so I've deleted it, moved items etc. - some rooms on Compound, Skulls'n'Bones and so on. This is also the reason why Lefty is not here.
    • There are no options like number of spawned bots for maps, so you have to add them manually by pressing "Y". In team game modes every time when you press "Y", one bot will be added to red team and then to blue to keep balance, but you can add bots to red team by pressing "R" or to blue by pressing "B". You can change your team by pressing "Z" or "X". You can watch scoreboard by pressing "Tab".
    • Remember when you enable infinity blood it also can be a reason of low fps (closer to the end of match) on a really huge maps, so be careful with it.
    • Bots don't move in demos atm so there's no sense to record it whilst playing with them.
    • Don't except Destroyer's or Capricornus's skill from bots, it was made for competive but fun playing. Though, for a newbies it will be really hard or even impossible to beat them !

Two old trailers and some screenshots:

I made an installer (set your 1.07 SS: SE folder whilst installing), but if you'll have problem with it, PM me and I'll send you .rar file of the mod. So ...

DOWNLOAD SERIOUS TOURNAMENT MOD 1.00A INSTALLER

Nice videos!

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Thanks, at least someone commented it

All I wanted was a Pepsi NightBreed's Avatar
    My Mood
    Hungover
    I gotta get back into this....nice work !! !
    Be American, Buy American !!

I CELERITER TEMPUS DEFICIT

[insert clever tag here] JIMINATOR's Avatar
    Good to see that you guys are keeping things alive. For serious sam though, wow, was some great great times but a very long time ago...
    RIP Father.

+ Reply to Thread